Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Remember when people said MK's last tour could have been Shangri-La?  (Read 1629 times)

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
Just thinking back to when I vividly remember people discussing that Shangri-La tour 2005 could have been his last....... These things make me chuckle as I've always had faith that Knopfler will continue until he drops. Just funny to me considering he's working harder now productively than ever these days. Any other funny memories people have?
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Love Expresso

Re: Remember when people said MK's last tour could have been Shangri-La?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »
Oh yeah. Funny NOW, not then. After the 2010 tour, Guy made some "strange" and emotional comments in his last diary entry. The future of the band and what would happen in general was less clearer than let's say 2008, where it was already known that Mark wants to go back to the studio "as fast as he can"... I had the feeling that there might be a big break or a lot of waiting time for us... Then came the production of the Bap Kennedy album, and in early 2011 it was still unknown if there would be a new album. Then... things fastened up a little bit... and Bob turned up ... I think I am in the minority here when I count myself to the people that think the Bob Dylan tour was the best thing that could happen to Mark - a new power/life injection, some fresh wind blew through BG...

So the end of 2010 was somewhat strange...

LE

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Re: Remember when people said MK's last tour could have been Shangri-La?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 08:50:53 AM »
Yes, the end of the GL tour was kinda strange, and if you thinks that MK was telling in some interviews that he "might do a record or two more and thats it" or something like that, it created a strange atmosphera about all, althought I always considered that it was just an meaningless expression...

I
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 41 queries.