Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Queens Jubilee  (Read 4730 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Queens Jubilee
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »
There was also an Australian performing, the blind aboriginal guy (whom I have a -good- cd of) and who is an enormous knopfler fan, just cannot remember his name fit now. Gumurull or something.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 06:45:41 PM »
I do agree with you twm about the comic element, many of whom struggle to raise a laugh without resorting to foul language these days.  Perhaps this was the problem. ::)
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »
You're probably right, dmg.  Another problem was that, on occasions, the comedians seemed more intent on addressing the TV cameras (and thus the TV audience) rather than the audience around the stage. This caused a "disconnect" in a live situation.

Also, each comedic segment was so short that the comedians didn't have the opportunity to build a line of humorous comment up to a really funny punchline. AS professionals, they should have realised this and adjusted their material accordingly.

Even Lee Mack seemed unable to "connect ". He can be incredibly quick, sharp and witty on a TV game show and not too bad a stand-up comedian, based on the few occasions I've seen him on TV, but none of that came across.

Most of the comedians in the concert seemed to want to be "clever" (or "smartarse"), failing to recognise that they were not performing to their regular audience and failing to recognise that a concert setting like that is different from what they're used to.  This crowd came for a music concert and for the Diamond Jubilee event, not for a night out with comedians. They didn't make me proud to be British - I cringed most of the time they were on.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 39 queries.