Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Another shameless plug ...  (Read 6491 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Another shameless plug ...
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »
Hey Jackal!   I loved the jazzy feel of the guitar -  I can still hear "Artificial Paradise" in there, especially the outro.  Do you like JJ Cale?    :)    The voice sounded fine btw!  ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Jackal

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
Thanks, Kooba and Val. Very kind words. I'm just a dabbler and will probably never try doing anything serious with it, but it's nice to get some positive feedback.

I just had a listen to Artificial Paradise, and I can see what you mean. I like some of Cale's stuff, but it's a bit repetitive. Same kind of groove, the bluesy country shuffle thing :) But he's an interesting guy. Reminds me of Dylan in some ways.

Love Expresso

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 07:58:50 PM »
I am very surprised about your abilities! Sounds great really. So you are not only able to create funny and interesting posts ...  :D. Seems there are a lot of gifted and talented people around here at AMIT!

LE

Jackal

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 06:27:29 AM »
:)

Jackal

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 02:58:20 PM »
Just registered at Soundcloud and thought I'd share a couple of things I've recorded over the years, including the sound to the YouTube videoes I have already posted.

A lot of it is just ideas, kind of drafts. Some of the snippets are mostly of interest for guitar players, but others might enjoy it as well. Let me know what you think :)

http://

Oh, and please excuse the cheesy drumming in some of the songs ...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:09:39 PM by Jackal »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
hey Jackal, very cool !!!

I just discovered this yesterday because I joined AMIT only in august 2011, and didn't read this section before.

Well, what can I say, it's just wonderful ! :)
very nice playing and singing.
I'm listening your soundcloud playlist right now, and indeed you guitar playing is far smoother than my harsh poor playing !
I feel a bit beginner now  :-[ I must study.....
I would like to play and sing like you.
I alos wrote songs some 20 years ago, but....hem...you know teens lyrics  ::) and, I'm not ready to put my voice on the net, mostly after hearing all this talents here ! :-\

gorgeous tone on cold child !
a perfect day brought me tears in my eyes, sincerely. reading what you said, it remind me childhood memories.
people get ready on slide : fantastic idea ! (I heard Smoke on the water played on a weissenborn on soundcloud, fabulous to !)
doesn't it lack a fade out at the end of in a rut;)

How do you record your tracks ? Do you play all instruments ? what about drums ? do you use pick  or is it always fingers ?

congratulations !

Jackal

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 09:24:35 AM »
Thank you, JF, for your kind words. I'm not sure it's all deserved.

But don't be afraid to put out stuff with your voice. After all it is not a competition, and we can all pick up ideas from each other.

As for your questions:

Yes, In a Rut lacks a fade out. Just forgot to edit it properly.

I record mostly in Ableton Live through a Line 6 TonePort and Gearbox. I sometimes used Riffworks, but the free version only allows you to export in lower quality (People Get Ready, Little Cloud).

I play everything (well, guitars, bass, shakers). The drums are just loops in the software. I would love to be able to program drumming, but it's a lot of work.

I mostly play with my fingers, but I think Cold Chill, In a Rut and Little Cloud were played with a pick.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »
Jackal, do you have a solution for copyright issues ?
I don't became big-headed, but I wanted to publish tunes I composed for my girls births, a little bit personnal you know, and I don't want to hear these (modest) musical ideas in a film, a commercial spot, or whatever, in few months or so  ;D
I know there's no chance it will happen, but you never know, so did you think at the same thing, and how did you do ?

I asked this to Jackal because he posted his own songs, but others forumer's comments are much appreciated  :)

Offlineferguitar

• Local Hero
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »
Well, here's a draft with vocals. It's kind of like a sad and happy song at the same time. For sure room for improvement, particularly the vocals, and the solos are a bit rough, but overall I'm quite happy with the song. Had to raise it to Cm from Am, by the way.

The swooshing leaves sound at the beginning and the end are real leaves. Recorded the wind in a nearby forest, in stereo! Walkers gave me a strange look as I had rigged up my laptop, Line6 device and two microphones :)

Please connect headphones or some loudspeakers to hear the bass.

Ow, you

Jackal

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 08:23:13 PM »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.181 seconds with 51 queries.