Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Do I make some fans annoyed on the tracker?  (Read 9974 times)

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Do I make some fans annoyed on the tracker?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 10:12:04 PM »
it's still cheaper and convenient

So, does that make it better?  :P

As far as I'm concerned, yes. Let's face facts, posting discs to someone in another country that you have never met is still "faceless". The interaction happens online/through emails etc setting up the deal.

Now for me, I would say I've made plenty of good friends in the MK community without actually trading with them, just through interacting with them on sites like this.

You know, here in Scotland about 80,000 people (out of a population of 5 million) speak the Gaelic language. The number is diminishing every year, but the government and lobby groups are intent on trying to force it to survive, throwing money at it, forcing schools to teach it etc. But I fear their efforts will be in vain. And I think that attempts to retain postage trading will be the same, whether or not it's right or wrong, I don't know, but it's "progress". A small group may continue to post, but for most people why wait days/weeks for something when they can download and have it in a couple of hours?

Anyhoo, none of this should have any bearing on Allen uploading to the tracker IMO.  :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 12:32:27 AM »
just don't overload with stuff, give people time to breathe, and enjoy the new show they jut had.
also, to not give you the feeling you are not sharing enough if you would follow my first advice, just spread it over other trackers, bt.etree, zombtracker, hungercity, tapecity, traders den, dimeadozen, yeeshkul, there are so many, and keep the nicer stuff for SC.... wold be my advice. i share on many, many trackers (not only, mk, but a lot!) so i feel like spreading the mk love not just to us mk nuts, but also getting new people falling in love, that is a great feeling, if you can get fans from other artists commenting on how great our hero is...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 03:31:20 AM »
it's still cheaper and convenient

So, does that make it better?  :P

As far as I'm concerned, yes. Let's face facts, posting discs to someone in another country that you have never met is still "faceless". The interaction happens online/through emails etc setting up the deal.

Yes, this is true to some extent. But you still exchange something physical and exchanging mailing addresses is very personal to me. You know exactly who you are sending the media to. Whereas, I could program a server to download someone's torrent and be completely uninvolved in the process, outside of registering a mere account on the main page.

That said, I have downloaded and uploaded new torrents to trackers in the past and will probably do so in the future...just for the sake of taking advantage of the technology.

There is still nothing about torrents being "allowed" in the official MK recording policy though.  8)
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 03:01:02 PM »
There is still nothing about torrents being "allowed" in the official MK recording policy though.  8)

Um, that's true. But there's also nothing about CDs/DVDs, vinyl, 8 track tapes or semaphore. So what's your point, caller?  ;)

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 08:05:15 PM »

Um, that's true. But there's also nothing about CDs/DVDs, vinyl, 8 track tapes or semaphore. So what's your point, caller?  ;)

Well, typically you would find that kind of information in the recording policy, or at least some limits to the distribution of the taper's recording. That means they either don't care (which wouldn't make sense) or they just don't know.

If someone was brand new to all of this, and read the new policy, what would they think is allowed or not allowed in terms of distribution?
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 09:19:49 AM »

That means they either don't care (which wouldn't make sense) or they just don't know.

Personally I think they don't care, as long as people aren't actually selling the bootlegs.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 39 queries.