Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Our bands promo vids  (Read 3244 times)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Our bands promo vids
« on: May 25, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »
Not sure if anyone cares, but our obscure covers band recorded some `live` promo vids in a studio and here are the vids!!

I`m on the sunburst Strat playing some rough fingerstyle rhythm - which John saw fit to mix low down.........  :-\

Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Jackal

Re: Our bands promo vids
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 08:54:31 PM »
I like it, Fletch. Cool and groovy. Would be nice with a harmony vocal in there, I think.

I liked your chorus sound. Do you use an analog pedal or digital stuff?

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 12:05:06 AM »
Thanks Jackal! The chorus is just a new Boss pedal and i`m squashing it with a very heavy CS-2 Compressor before the amp.

Thanks for watching them mate. A harmony would be nice!

Jackal

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »
Oh, cool. I just bought a Chinese clone of the first Boss chorus pedal, completely analog. Very cheap and sounds lovely, but it has this terribly noise gate which activates too quickly. Cuts of the effect way too early. I'm working on returning it. I'm not really a chorus guy, but for some things it is great. Like that early Ry Cooder sound for example:

Lovely tune by the way.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 02:30:51 PM »
Mmm those opening 25 seconds are reminiscent of The beauty of Down To The Waterline - very cool.

I'm not "really" a chorus guy myself, in fact I don't find myself listening (at home) to most of the songs our band plays. My ultimate Strat sound is that on the first two beloved DS albums + that certain beauty found on Smooching (Local Hero).
Are you in a band Jackal, I really dig your jazz chops, what is your live signal chain mate? I'm open to advice from like minded individuals regarding effects, amps etc.

Jackal

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
Yeah, Mark never beat the sound he had on the first DS records. I loved the smooth Pensa Suhr sound for a long time, like on Your own sweet way on the NHB record. Now it seems a little sterile. His live Strat sound (Fender) these days I don't like at all. But each to his own.

I don't play in a proper band except in a church I attend. The church band is not very good, so it's a little hard sometimes. Wish I had some jamming buddies.

My live gear is pretty simple. The guitar is a customized Fender Highway 1 and the amp a Vox AC15C1. I'm not sure the Vox is what I really wanted, but for the money, it was the best option. I had a Peavey Classic 50 ten years ago, and that was a beauty. Except it weighs a ton ... My pedals currently consist of an MXR distortion III pedal, a Joyo chorus pedal and Boss volume pedal. There's a built in pedal controlled tremolo in the Vox that I use from time to time. I'll get myself a TC Electronic Nova Repeater delay pedal later this year. And that's all I care to get. The Vox also has two channels that I control with an AB pedal, so loads of possibilities there. I'm really a guitar-straight-into-the-amp guy, but it's nice to have at least a few sonic options.

How about you? What's your rig?

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 11:57:09 PM »
Yeah, I'm not a fan of too many effects. Although (& I believe this is unpopular) I love the sound of an over the top compressor. It's hard to describe and most guitarists would say you should use subtly, but the sound is warm and mushy and I love it. I have an older boss CS2, if you can find the old ones on eBay I'd recommend it, as ive been warned off the newer ones?
I bought a tremolo pedal just for fun at home, but we have Blue Hotel in the setlist now, so I use it live for one song.

Jackal mate, I'd recommend hunting down a decent band to play in. You deserve it! :) Often established bands want rhythm players who don't steal the glory constantly but who can vary it unp a little, not just strum.

Jackal

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 02:41:15 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Fletch. Well, we'll see. It's not so high on the agenda at the moment. I'm considering a career change, meaning taking university courses, possibly law, so time will be kind of limited.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »
Just took a look at older posts I might have missed, and I stumbled on this one. First impression is certainly very good. On "Teach me...", indeed your guitar is way low, but on Spooky is clear. Any history of the band and members?
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Rollergirl

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 05:38:40 PM »
great sound!

Love Expresso

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 05:42:56 PM »
Yes and our Fletch is the best looking one in the band!

LE

Rollergirl

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »
Yes and our Fletch is the best looking one in the band!

LE

well, yes, ovvioushly  ::)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 08:58:08 PM »
*blush* I wil PM my mobile number Rollergirl, where do you want to meet up?

Rollergirl

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 09:39:59 PM »
we can  meet halfway, India?

;D

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 10:14:10 PM »
Rollergirl, there is some nasty weather over the Himalayas, but if you decide to go,   buy me some quality tea, and on your way back bring it to me. Much appreciated. Thank you.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 55 queries.