Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Chris Rea Interview - reference to Mark Knopfler  (Read 11157 times)

Jackal

Re: Chris Rea Interview - reference to Mark Knopfler
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 07:00:51 PM »
Maybe Chris limits his touring for health reasons? He almost died ten years ago, and he still lives without a pancreas, so it might just the doctor's orders.

For me his music gets a bit boring quickly. If you haven't listened to him for a while, it's nice.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 07:26:52 PM »
why use so much space T85??
how is the editing going? :-)
we have Macs at work.  :disbelief
Only have a decent computer when back home.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 12:14:08 AM »
Maybe Chris limits his touring for health reasons? He almost died ten years ago, and he still lives without a pancreas, so it might just the doctor's orders.

For me his music gets a bit boring quickly. If you haven't listened to him for a while, it's nice.
I know he's had serious health problems. I'm so pleased he could recover and get back to normal life.

That said, I can't accept health problems as an excuse for his touring choices.
He does 45 dates every other year.
He always do 20 UK dates, 10 german dates and peanuts for the other countries.
That means since he's touring again, he's done approx. 125 shows in Germany and UK while 4 in France. I talk of countries of comparable sizes, culture and geographical situation.

Same problem with many artists including our own MK. I think it has something to do with Crocky. It got worse as soon as he's got more power.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 01:46:28 AM »
I know he's had serious health problems. I'm so pleased he could recover and get back to normal life.
That said, I can't accept health problems as an excuse for his touring choices.
He does 45 dates every other year.
He always do 20 UK dates, 10 german dates and peanuts for the other countries.
That means since he's touring again, he's done approx. 125 shows in Germany and UK while 4 in France. I talk of countries of comparable sizes, culture and geographical situation.
Same problem with many artists including our own MK. I think it has something to do with Crocky. It got worse as soon as he's got more power.
Tunnel85, you shouldn't complain. Here in Greece, MK comes once every 23 years for concerts (he is more regular for vacation), and since his last visit was in 2008, I guess 2031 would be his next visit, to celebrate his 80th birthday or something.  ;) ;) Chris Rea never made it and Pink Floyd only once. I mean, that Greece is far too distant for them and small, population wise, so no expectations for the big-heavy-expensive tours. But I can't complain. (I do but not publically. Publically but not through the Internet. Well you get the point) And what's more, the lousy financial state will lead promoters to leave Greece out of their plans more often. So for those of us who like artists of a certain age, maybe it is the last time we saw them live... :'( :'( :'(  Well I don't regret it.
I went to see Ray Davies, and he played in an empty theater of 100 people 15 years ago but he was great and the same for Kansas 4 years ago.On the other hand Lou Reed played for almost an hour, only from his new album 12 years ago, P.J.Harvey played less than 50 minutes, White Stripes only two songs and the list is endless. Who can't trust artists and their behaviors but really I don't mind anymore. I just chose not to go. And I advise most of my friends to do the same. Maybe that will teach artists a lesson to respect the hard earned money that buys the ticket and (most importantly) teach the promoters a lesson for the actual price of the ticket. I will gladly pay the 50 Euros they ask to see the musician I like, but not in an arena. What's the use in watching the show through the big screens 200 meters away. And since they have many people why has to be so expensive? I usually go early to be in the front row, to feel the vibes and see the artists play. I have stopped going to concerts after MK came to Greece. Bob Dylan came but he played 25 km outside Athens, and Leonard Cohen too. They had so few people they could actually have the concert in the beautiful Lycabetus theater, but no! Damn, what wrong, I started in order to defend artists and I end up blaming them. But maybe it is the promoters fault. I don't know and I don't care. (Pottel, Waters came in Athens-actually the first time at the place 25km outside Athens to play Dark side-and at the Olympic stadium to play the wall. I didn't go, and i must say I couldn't care less. But from friends that went I heard it was the best sound they ever listened. But I just can't stand all this big productions anymore. Do you have the 1987-88 live from Athens video?)     
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 08:51:36 AM »
yeah, from the top of my head i believe i have that video.
by the way, athens 2008 :-) almost there...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 41 queries.