Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Solo albums - which is your fave?  (Read 11476 times)

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Re: The Solo albums - which is your fave?
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011, 08:35:01 AM »
The only positive thing about KTGC was that we got another tour.

There, I said it  ;D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Rollergirl

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 08:38:48 AM »
Rollergirl, you have two standards, i see. Dusty said the word "awful" and Goldenheart went as far as "annoys", "horrible" "hurts my ears" "dull" "boring" "dreadful" "uninspiring" "average" and the worse of all "don't really listen to it that much". I think a good spanking is in order. Were are you now, elder (yet cute) keeper of the holy MK (KTGC) faith? Don't let us down in this holy war against the filthy unbelievers. This crusade should produce results. Maybe we can even persuade MK to make another KTGC tour, playing live the whole album, in order to punish the unbelievers.  But as they say any publicity is good publicity. If it wasn't for us, exchanging posts, nobody would even consider thinking about KTGC, or so much as writing. Maybe we even managed to make some people go to their CDs and pick it up. It would take a very vivid imagination to even consider that somebody went as far as listening to it.  ;D     

It's because Dusty and Goldenheart have already been told off for use of improper language in the past and lightning doesn't strike twice  ;)

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »
I would never put on KTGC and listen to it from start to finish. Some songs, especially We Can Get Wild, have nice melodies, but it's just too slow, the lyrics are, as you say, clich

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »
What about all these great soundtracks too ???

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2011, 08:17:58 PM »

If "Alchemy" is badly recorded, I prefer a badly recorded live album any time!  ;D

LE

Absolutely agree!!  ;D
There is nothing better than letting the Alchemy version of "Tunnel Of Love" blasting on your car stereo while driving along the highway. Always gives me shivers. I barely listen to "On The Night", it sounds too polished and soul-less to me, apart from "Brothers In Arms" maybe...

OTN does reflect the OES tour : a big machine with an overcrowded stage but it has its moments. And more f*cking badly, is lacking the best parts performed during that tour (such as Why Worry). If only I could acces all the tapes and do it my way!

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2011, 05:39:13 AM »
It's a hard choice between GH and TRPD.  I ended up voted for TRPD.  Because HFB is my most fav MK solo song. 

GH is simply the most romantic love song for me from GH album . It's in the same vein as R&J during DS years.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 41 queries.