Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Am I a Rudiger?  (Read 5629 times)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
Am I a Rudiger?
« on: September 03, 2008, 03:34:29 AM »
My Google Alerts sent me to a forum of Lavasoft coders.   The topic is "What music do you code to?
So I checked it out, and actually read three pages of posts--40 posts.     Of those, DS/MK was mentioned about 8 times.    Brothers in Arms cd more often than anything else, but Lions and In the Gallery too!
So, going there and reading the posts and counting the ones about MK--does that make me a Rudiger?
Are you a Rudiger??? ;D ;D Or am I alone?  :'(
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlinensking

• Guitar George
Re: Am I a Rudiger?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:04:29 AM »
No, IrisRose, you are definitely not alone.  I often tell myself I'm not a Rudiger, but I must confess: I stood under a window at the Boothbay Opera House for over two hours, listening to MK rehearse and hoping someone might take pity on me and let me in to watch.  Pure Rudigerism, plain and simple, I'm afraid. 

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:25:23 AM »
You must have met my friend Jerry LeBreque, who wanted to do the same--but I think wifey pulled him away to go shopping.    :'(

Nancy, I'll have a response for you in the morning.    :-*
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:57:29 PM »
No, IrisRose, you are definitely not alone.  I often tell myself I'm not a Rudiger, but I must confess: I stood under a window at the Boothbay Opera House for over two hours, listening to MK rehearse and hoping someone might take pity on me and let me in to watch.  Pure Rudigerism, plain and simple, I'm afraid. 

Definitely Rudiger-like!

I often wonder if I am Rudiger like for hanging around after the show to get an autograph etc.

I usually reach the conclusion that I'm not, as MK is always happy to sign, and also I consider myself to be a fan of the music, whereas by all accounts Ruduger just wanted any celebrityy's autograph. The only thing MK seems uncomfortable with is having his picture taken, he hardly ever smiles and often looks away from the camera. In fact the only photo I have seen where he looks happy is Nelly's, I assume that's because she has just given him a nice bottle of wine!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:14:10 PM »
MK does not like M&Gs really, and M&G's were never designed for the fans, they were supposed to be private. Mark just doesn't want fans around That's the bottom line. But a few fans made it nevertheless  ;) - if you meet him in a relaxed moment he is smiling - see my avatar!

Offlinegbobmi

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:44:34 PM »
Re: "Am I a Rudiger?"

Not unless you consider me strange and respectable........... ;D   Besides, I've never been to Berlin....
arse ;D

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 04:09:18 PM »
MK does not like M&Gs really, and M&G's were never designed for the fans, they were supposed to be private. Mark just doesn't want fans around That's the bottom line. But a few fans made it nevertheless  ;) - if you meet him in a relaxed moment he is smiling - see my avatar!

Don't get me wrong, MK has always seemed very happy around fans, even at the M&G I was at earlier this year. He went out of his way to go around each person in the room, shaking their hands and introducing himself. He really didn't have to do this, he could have just said hello to everyone as he came in the room and then played with the band, but he made the effort to go round.

But with photos it seems different, I've never had my photo taken with him, but in most of the fan photos I have seen he looks uncomfortable.

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 04:23:13 PM »
When you are a guest at a meet and greet then you are a guest of MK (or bandmember)! Manners are important to him and that's why he goes around and welcomes HIS guests - but actually the guests should be private! When you ask him to get an autograph or a photo taken then he usually says: "Sure!"  He is very polite.
It was really funny, I was at two M&Gs on this tour and he introduced himself to me and I introduced myself to him each time and we both had a laugh afterwards! A real British gentleman, but women like it!!  :D

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »
Yes, I am always VERY polite, perhaps too polite. When he shook my hand and said hello at the Newcastle M&G I was a bit star struck and all I good think of to say was "Good evening".  :-[

On that ocassion he actually volunteered to sign autographs and just went round the room doing it, but at Hay I said "Excuse me Mr Knopfler, could you perhaps sign something for me?". Always important to be polite.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 39 queries.