Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: SOS at NBA game  (Read 2339 times)

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
SOS at NBA game
« on: December 31, 2009, 03:17:47 AM »
I am watching the Utah Jazz @ Minnesota Timberwolves NBA game, and I suddenly heard a few seconds of SOS played over the Target Center PA system. I was startled. They usually play hip hop or something loud or contemporary at NBA games, not MK/DS.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Re: SOS at NBA game
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:37:15 PM »
knopfling, that's is so awesome.  I'm always so thrilled whenever I hear MK/DS songs play anywhere outside of my house.  One time I was in my car at the red light when another car pulled up into the next lane, she was blasting SOS in her car. I rolled down my window, gave her a thump up and said I'm the biggest fan.  That was a wonderful feeling.  Couple other times, I heard DS on the radio at different stores.  Another time, my best friend was at a bar, and she called me right away to let me know that they were palying MFN.

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »
Sweet, I always enjoy hearing DS/MK music in restaurants or stores. It always makes me smile and figure that it's good luck that I'll find some bargain.
But I don't remember hearing it during an NBA game before -- maybe Walk of Life years ago. The Jazz won the game, and they don't win many road games lately, so I guess a few seconds of SOS was good luck for my team.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 10:44:38 PM »
One time I was having dinner with my girlfriend in a restaurant when they played the FULL Sailing to Philadelphia CD :D
An other time I was with my girlfriend to the movies/cinema (cloverfield). Before (we were 30 min early) and in the break they played the On Every Street CD!

And the strangest time was: During my driving lessons I expected a call from my school (fortunate or not), immediately (I think 30 secs) after the school told me the good news (yes, i was fortunated) the radio played the very rarely played song 'Tunnel Of Love'. In the Netherlands, TOL is very very rarely played on radio and it's my absolute nr 1 song on earth! (best song ever imo)... So, that was a beautiful and astonishing moment for me ;) What a timing and coincidence :D

So cool! ;D ;D ;D

I don't know if fortunate is the good word... I finished my school exams succesfully (better? ;))
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejcser

• Guitar George
  • no matter who you are, you are. - James Taylor
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 05:35:21 PM »
Dutchessy, I love TOL also, and can never play it just once. The outtro is one of the finest pieces of music I've ever heard. I've heard either DS or MK in some pretty strange places - in the elevator of the hotel I was staying at in NYC when I went to see him and Emmylou at Radio City (it was Muzak music, not the real thing, but of all pieces, they were playing "Cannibals"), and in the ladie's room of a deli/restaurant near my mom's house (not in the restaurant itself, oddly; two different stations were playing in that place) they were playing one of the songs from KTGC. I was so blown away by the strangeness of it, I don't even remember which one now.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 39 queries.