Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: John Illsley Flickr  (Read 8011 times)

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
Re: John Illsley Flickr
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
How many in the attendance that day?

They had a "small crowd" by the looks of things :P :P ::)

I still think the kids are dolls that they tied to the railings as a gag????i must ask Mark the next time I'm talking to him ::) ::)
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
That Deptford photograph was sent to Dire Fakes a number of years ago (before I was even in the band).  On that other thread (in the other forum), I did promise to try and find out a bit more about whether the sender was in fact the photographer, or knew who was, in the hope that the audience questions could be answered.  I must admit, it hasn't been top of my 'to do' list, but I did receive a message recently from someone who knew the person who sent us the photograph.  I will try to find out a bit more.  I don't believe that the photograph has been doctored - why would anyone doctor it in this way?

By complete coincidence, this is just along the road from where we rehearse.

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 04:41:40 PM »
I think I first saw this photo on your Dire Fakes website few years ago and I remember how excited I was to have found it. It's a gem! It would be really brilliant if we could know more details about it. I visited the place couple years ago and it didn't change a lot. Few more trees here and there but the good old Farrer House is still there. Somebody still living in this legendary apartment where DS history started, probably don't even realize that their walls were witnesses to the birth of one of the greatest music bands in history.
I  like to go there everytime I'm in London. It must be really special feeling to be rehearsing DS material in this area.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

OfflineLady Noe

• Guitar George
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 06:21:17 PM »
Hello,

Very interesting mails thank you for your opinion!

I absolutly have no idea why a photomontage would have been done but I think this picture is weird.
It's a very funny picture anyway.
Look at the teenage girl on the right: why is she so small in comparison with the "kids" in front of the band? (besides... where is she sitting? LOL). Maybe she's behind the band so she must be slightly smaller on the picture but see: if she was on her feet she would have been as tall as John's hip.  ;D

Maybe the camera had special settings concerning the angle or something (?)  ;) Maybe it's just a visual effect but it should be worth asking...

See you,

Yolande.

That Deptford photograph was sent to Dire Fakes a number of years ago (before I was even in the band).  On that other thread (in the other forum), I did promise to try and find out a bit more about whether the sender was in fact the photographer, or knew who was, in the hope that the audience questions could be answered.  I must admit, it hasn't been top of my 'to do' list, but I did receive a message recently from someone who knew the person who sent us the photograph.  I will try to find out a bit more.  I don't believe that the photograph has been doctored - why would anyone doctor it in this way?

By complete coincidence, this is just along the road from where we rehearse.

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
    • Official Chris White Fan Site
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 06:32:25 PM »
Well, I'm not sure about this picture...sometimes it looks normal for me...sometimes looks weird, modified. It was discussed many times. But if it is modified or weird why should John post it on his page/website. He is ON the picture though and he would notice if it is weird... ??? ::)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »
Maybe photoshopped by John himself?
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 39 queries.