Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark Knopfler Solo Album Elimination Poll - Round 5  (Read 7524 times)

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
Re: Mark Knopfler Solo Album Elimination Poll - Round 5
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2021, 10:18:56 PM »
My Parties should have been a bside at best.
Oh my! This is blasphemy! For an On Every Street lover like me this hits me right in the heart!  :)

An 'OES' Lover? Oh dear.....Good album dont get me wrong but I wouldn't say I'm a lover of this particular album personally....
I know I belong in the minority. I'm very country/roots/folk-oriented guy, so it's only natural I enjoy listening On Every Street. It was also the very first Dire Straits album I ever listened to, so I also have the sentimental attachment to it. I was also listening to You and Your Friend when I met my wife!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2021, 08:22:13 AM »
Oh my! This is blasphemy! For an On Every Street lover like me this hits me right in the heart!  :)

An 'OES' Lover? Oh dear.....Good album dont get me wrong but I wouldn't say I'm a lover of this particular album personally....
I know I belong in the minority. I'm very country/roots/folk-oriented guy, so it's only natural I enjoy listening On Every Street. It was also the very first Dire Straits album I ever listened to, so I also have the sentimental attachment to it. I was also listening to You and Your Friend when I met my wife!

Fair do's rmarques821 - personally OES was awesome when it first came out and I was probably like many on here like a 'kid in a sweet shop'  but alas as time has gone on I'm afraid OES for me just doesn't get played anymore...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2021, 08:23:55 AM »
And so, with the deadline fast approaching its RD so far with most votes but I note that GH & S L aren't far behind!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2021, 11:40:11 AM »
looking at the outcome of the survey it is clear that very few people think that STP is one of the least successful jobs. I still don't know what to choose between STP and GL, what it is - sailing to philadelphia - last laugh or get lucky - so far from the clyde - piper to the end.....what an enigma  8) 8) 8)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2021, 11:45:48 AM »
looking at the outcome of the survey it is clear that very few people think that STP is one of the least successful jobs. I still don't know what to choose between STP and GL, what it is - sailing to philadelphia - last laugh or get lucky - so far from the clyde - piper to the end.....what an enigma  8) 8) 8)

On the contrary, StP seems the favourite.......I know where my forthcoming votes are going!!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2021, 11:58:01 AM »
My opinion is that STP has very little to do with the career that Knopfler has as a solo artist. For me, first MK solo record is Ragpickers, from that one, he found his path.

GH was experimentation looking for his solo character, STP was a mix betwen the old MK from the Straits days, and the MK he wanted to be as a solo artist, and in RPD he already found what he wanted to be.

I understand that people like STP the most as it's the most DS MK solo record, but that record is not the MK solo artists. People who thinks that's the best, is because they like more his Straits days than his solo career.

That's why I would keep voting against STP until the last poll, or until it gets out, what happens first.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2021, 12:08:34 PM »
100% agree jbaent, RD was the first 'defining' MK Solo album without doubt and I, like you will keep voting both GH & StP until they hopefully disappear....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »
And so, Bye Bye Ragpickers Dream..... :disbelief :disbelief

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2021, 12:25:34 PM »
And so, Bye Bye Ragpickers Dream..... :disbelief :disbelief

Onto round 6 then Dusty..... :wave

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2021, 04:16:01 PM »

hahaha. Free download would have been ok
Love will find a Way

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 39 queries.