Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 08:2013.05.05, Arena Zagreb, Zagreb, HR # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 44286 times)

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
Re: Concert # 08:2013.05.05, Arena Zagreb, Zagreb, HR # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2013, 11:28:47 AM »
certainly a critical sense should not miss. but what makes me a little sad is that some of the comments seem to reveal a sort of acrimony that I would not expect to find on this forum. but maybe it's just an impression, or perhaps a different way of loving. On the other hand, I'm positive that we all share an underlying love for the music of Mark: otherwise why we would be writing here?

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »
Yes rudiger, I meant your post! :)
Very well said. Also your latest comment just above here :)
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »
certainly a critical sense should not miss. but what makes me a little sad is that some of the comments seem to reveal a sort of acrimony that I would not expect to find on this forum. but maybe it's just an impression, or perhaps a different way of loving. On the other hand, I'm positive that we all share an underlying love for the music of Mark: otherwise why we would be writing here?
And that is very much agreed. I just think we are a bunch of engaged fans, althoug we share a similar passion and love for MKs music, we also have our differences and we do express ourselves in different ways. The love is mutual. All in all, (as said before) what would this forum be if we cannot openly express our thoughts amongst fellow MKers :)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2013, 03:21:05 PM »
And that is very much agreed. I just think we are a bunch of engaged fans, althoug we share a similar passion and love for MKs music, we also have our differences and we do express ourselves in different ways. The love is mutual. All in all, (as said before) what would this forum be if we cannot openly express our thoughts amongst fellow MKers :)

Very very well said !! :thumbsup :clap   :clap :clap 

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »
By the way, moat, our signatures say it all! :)

That

Offlinebade25

• Guitar George
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2013, 10:40:07 AM »
Here is some comments from Croatian Music newspaper about the show in Zagreb. Becouse i am not so good in english, i translated with Google Translate, i hope it will be ok. But mostly they are criticized for some things.
I was on the this show and for me was perfect....two three anomalies occur at every concert.

http://www.muzika.hr/clanak/41563/vijesti/zagrebacki-koncert-marka-knopflera-najbolji-na-turneji-tvrdi-bend.aspx

Mark Knopfler held on 5 May in Zagreb Arena concert that polarized his fan base.
With reports written by visitors to the show, there are those who write internal band members themselves in the form of a diary from the tour. And the two most important men in Knopflerovom band instrumentalists Guy Fletcher (mostly for keyboards) and Richard Bennett (usually with a guitar), wrote that he looked concert in Zagreb, from their perspective.
Those who have watched Knopfler 2008th the Sports Dome will remember that in the orchestra were plastic chairs (Fletcher had not missed the joke on that account), and probably all were relieved when he saw that the white plastic chair in the Arena still missing.

From the house of sports remember the plastic chairs / photo: Tomislav Capan
Maybe the reason is slightly inferior and unimaginative gig was tired, because - as he says Guy Fletcher - the team that day flew from Prague, and the same day they were waiting for the return back. For a long time they spent at the sound check, but during the show may have noticed some difficulties. Author of this text spotted them at least a few: the sound of the piano, which in some areas as it did not belong to the same tonality, which was the band (We can draw a parallel with the "Jump" Van Halen), to beginner mistakes like that when he started playing Knopfler / sing, and they forgot to 'boost'.
If this is nitpicking, then everyone in the Arena who followed the stage had a question mark appears above his head when the whole band at the very beginning, "Telegraph Road" 'dove' in the dark.
Guy Fletcher explained that at one time in charge of counter lighting simply 'blew' (not a human error), and the band on stage is the most mind you have not heard. Headphones in my ears stopped following orders: Richard Bennett in one ear has heard high in the second bass. Problems of the same or similar type, he also was Knopfler.

In Zagreb, the best concert tour to that point / photo: Bozidar Bre
Life is a holiday!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2013, 11:49:52 AM »
Thanks for that bade25 - very interesting.

I found this last part most interesting indeed:

"Many will say in defense of omission "Sultans of Swing" to mention that this is still the tour promoting "privateering" and it is logical that plays songs from that album. When Knopfler promote the album "Kill To Get Crimson" with him in Zagreb played just two songs.

Songs from Dire Straits periods are not as measure of quality as a minimum correctness criterion that you need to expect at the concert when the ticket is written the name of Mark Knopfler. And that is what is absent here. Even not talking about songs that are not played, but the most bezvoljnoj interpretation of songs that he played.
Paul McCartney, for example, is much more aware of the heritage and (somewhat) responsibility towards the audience, so it will not happen to his concert, you hear the songs of The Beatles. And is not that the band had the same role as Knopfler of Dire Straits, and not that he is the second part of his career better or more important than the first. David Gilmour is also a nice example of correctness, and Sting.
At the end of the conjecture that the first concerts the band just a good opportunity for training and technicians to test equipment before the 'real' European appearances could be true."
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2013, 03:13:03 PM »
Thanks for that bade25 - very interesting.

I found this last part most interesting indeed:

"Many will say in defense of omission "Sultans of Swing" to mention that this is still the tour promoting "privateering" and it is logical that plays songs from that album. When Knopfler promote the album "Kill To Get Crimson" with him in Zagreb played just two songs.

Songs from Dire Straits periods are not as measure of quality as a minimum correctness criterion that you need to expect at the concert when the ticket is written the name of Mark Knopfler. And that is what is absent here. Even not talking about songs that are not played, but the most bezvoljnoj interpretation of songs that he played.
Paul McCartney, for example, is much more aware of the heritage and (somewhat) responsibility towards the audience, so it will not happen to his concert, you hear the songs of The Beatles. And is not that the band had the same role as Knopfler of Dire Straits, and not that he is the second part of his career better or more important than the first. David Gilmour is also a nice example of correctness, and Sting.
At the end of the conjecture that the first concerts the band just a good opportunity for training and technicians to test equipment before the 'real' European appearances could be true."

We can here now start another debate  :D  The argument is back , the argument is back ! :)

OfflineMisterYES

• Local Hero
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2013, 11:36:53 PM »
Hm, I find quite interesting some attitudes of people who heard MK live more than tens of times saying "I got no problems to hear TR, SFSL, SFA a hundreds of times, but yes, I got something against those who complaining about not hearing SOS even it was a pure once in a lifetime chance for them".

I remember going back from last Zagreb gig in 2008 and all you could see was a happy crowd all around. This time (if skipping SOS is not a big deal) why did I hear a couple of not so quiet at all "UUUUUUUUUUU's" mass shouting after was clear that bend was not coming back after last encore? (it was clear in 08 also that gig is over, but all were happy + we're get a proper good bye ending song as GH) Why did I stumble upon two guys refusing to leave seats any playing SOS for their own souls (in pure meaning of that phrase), one by "drumming" on his knees and singing, and other "singing" guitar riffs "pa ram paaa" :D? Why you could hear a dozens of comments walking out through crowd, all negative? While in WC you could even hear people talking in bad mood from side cabinets also.

I also remember how the whole gig goes on fire after SOS, and never loose energy till end. Everyone sitting till SOS, after, nobody sits again even on slower songs like BiA. Does the gig without SOS have that sort of emotional climax? Don't think so.

Well, if for Mark is fine to having climax free concerts which ends up in bitter atmosphere, it's fine for me to. And if for other HC fans all those disappointed people are those who should not be there in the first place, fine too, but that is the reality of the situation.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:25:52 AM by MisterYES »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 39 queries.