Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK - Alan Woods  (Read 6078 times)

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
Re: MK - Alan Woods
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »
Looks like this Allen Woods bought a guitar from Mark and just to be sure it is the real deal he got this piece of paper to verify the realness.

Because of that Mark, or maybe Paul, made a funny comment about Allen Woods beeing a better guitarist!
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 05:17:01 PM »
Harris and Trotter is or was the chartered accountant of MK. I believe they are credited somewhere on a CD/DVD.

Also check this: http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-132169065/accountancy-much-wilder-than-lion-taming-accountancy

My 2 cents:
Someone from that company grabbed an official document and wrote this down on it.
If one of my employees would have done something like this he/she wouldn't have work anymore  :disbelief

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 07:39:40 PM »
Here's my half-pennyworth.

Even if the MK signature is real, does the written statement above it look like MK's handwriting? I'd venture not.

I would be amazed if MK signed any blank documents and even more amazed if a manager of his (even a tour manager) did so either.

"Signed, Sealed and Deliovered" suggests it is from a legal document - originally at least.

"Certified to by a true copy" should read "Certified to be a true copy" but, even in its correct form, the phrase suggests that this is not the original document (though possbly not a photocopy of the original).

Finally, we only see the end of the document, not the whole thing.

My conjecture is that someone (Alan Woods, presumably, but maybe a friend of his) got hold of "a true copy" of some legal document involving MK's accountants, took the final section (that is, the bit between the typewritten text of the original legal agreement) and inserted the wording we see above MK's signature. I'm quite preapred to be wrong about this but the above are my thoughts.

The oddity about this document is that it seems to have been folded and sealed with wax at some point. I'm not sure about this but the only documents I've ever seen sealed with wax came from about 100 to 200 years ago, though it was a practice used earlier than that and possibly later.

I wonder if someone (possibly at the accountants) came across this document (perhaps it was put out for shredding or something), kept the end part of the document, added the phrase above the signature, folded and sealed it with waxand passed to Alan Woods as some kind of joke. Just a thought.

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
Guy says it's "clearly a fake."
It doesn't look at all like MK's signature to me.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 08:45:55 PM »
Answer of Guy by mail:

I don't know what the document is but the signatures seem real.

Guy mailed me this and regarding to the text that's written above it he agreed with me that maybe there's document around from an official agreement or whatever we have as chartered accountants (we have signed stuff from every kind in our files) and someone put on the last page this funny text. To make it look like it's something that had to to with Alan Wood.

He said signatures (so both) look real and I compared it to my signed iPhone and it really looks the same (only regarding MK) I don't have a signature of Paul Cummins of course.

Besides that Guy said on his forum: The statement is clearly fake and I have no idea who Alan Woods is.   
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:54:42 PM by ingridswing »

Offlinechris

• Guitar George
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 07:51:02 AM »
In my job, I do conclude contracts every day and this seems to me to be a "tail" of a once has been "real" document. Someone cut off the contract-text above.

I mean, why should the contract-partners write the "signed, sealed & delivered...blablabla" with a type-writer and the quintessence of the document by hand? That really makes no sense.

And that's definitely not MK's handwriting.

Fake worst kind of! :disbelief

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »
It was most probably meant only as a joke, and as a joke it is a good one. It would definitely make me smile if I ever got such a "signed and sealed" letter from a friend :).  Somebody (maybe even Alan Woods himself) has posted it on the internet and now we are discussing it like crazy. But in my view this little piece seems contrived and is just a joke, nothing else.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »
As far as I understood someone was selling it on ebay, so trying to make profit of a fake thing  ::)

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »
That's an important detail that I missed. Never will understand people who want to make profit on something like that. And who would buy this anyway?
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 39 queries.