Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Paul Simon - So Beautiful or So What  (Read 19120 times)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Re: Paul Simon - So Beautiful or So What
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2011, 09:56:50 PM »
That's a matter of perspective. One may need to climb down from the pedestal to see his true size.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2011, 10:24:11 PM »
I thought he was 69...
naughty dusty, your mind always on the candy ;)

That's a matter of perspective. One may need to climb down from the pedestal to see his true size.

At an interview some time ago, MK said (about BiA LP) that he was lucky to be there that time with these songs, and that there were many talented song smiths that they weren't as lucky. I like this kind of perspective because besides the obvious modesty on MK's behalf, it is the absolute truth. When we talk and consider the life and works of MK, PS or BD, we really have to take into account the luck factor. Someone may argue that the body of work of all three is of highest standards so the luck has little or nothing to do with them. But it is common knowledge that it was all down to luck for all three of them in the early stage of their career. John Hammond believed in BD and signed him even though his first record contained little of his genious. Paul Simon was broke in England and returned to the States to find himself with a no.1 hit, thanks to Mr. Bob Johnston, who had added drums, bass and electric guitar to the sounds of silence, without Paul even knowing it. (This producer  connection between BD and PS, can not be overlooked). And then it is the well known story of the Charlie Gillette tape.
Now why did I even began to write all these staff, really slipped my mind, but it must have something to do with modesty and ways of "communicating" it, birthday specials and sizes. You figure this out.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Love Expresso

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2011, 10:26:02 PM »
Size doesn't matter anyway.

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2011, 10:33:25 PM »
My wife works in the ice-cream business and believe me a big ice-cream is way better than a small one. (except if it sucks, so it'd better be tiny...)  ;D And no it is not in the way that you use it.  ;)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2011, 11:35:08 PM »
Very interesting, haven't thought about the fact that a lot of HUGE careers started out of coincidence. Thanks for pointing out!
Still, isn't it unfair that someone gets a bigger birthday cake than others, even though they all started out the same?  :)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »
Very interesting, haven't thought about the fact that a lot of HUGE careers started out of coincidence. Thanks for pointing out!
Still, isn't it unfair that someone gets a bigger birthday cake than others, even though they all started out the same?  :)

GH96, I really don't know about actual cakes, but in this case all three of them are pretty fortunate, talent wise, fame and money wise and even lucky. They could all order cakes too big to eat! ;) After all we talk about them, so each one with his own special manner has captivated our attention and (even if it is rude to put it like this), in a way they manage-promote themselves perfectly. 

OfflineMarkB

• Guitar George
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2011, 08:55:08 PM »
So Beautiful or So What is imo one of Paul Simon's greatest albums. Paul has been remarkably consistent over the years, he was brilliant when he started and I think he's actually got better with just about every album. The two albums before this one-Surprise & You're The One were both magnificent records as well. One of the greatest concerts I've ever been to was in London(at what I think was still called the Hammersmith Odeon in those days) when Paul was on his You're The One tour.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 41 queries.