Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Ba-ba-ba-backing vocals  (Read 6761 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Ba-ba-ba-backing vocals
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »
I actually liked the performance.  Some slightly different arrangements and great guitar sound.

Original question:  I don't like female backing singers in general and certainly can't even imagine them in most of Mark's songs.  Backing a female lead would sound okay I think but even with EC I think it sounds a bit weird.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Rollergirl

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »
on Guy's forum a couple of years ago

Q: last tour with Emmylou the voices from MK and Emmylou where great togheter : so maybe there could be some female background singers on the next tour to cheer things up or is that a stupid thought?

A: Mark's music doesn't lend itself to female vocal parts (except Rudiger), besides, I do any girl parts

I agree, no need female backing vocals with MK, thanks (unless it's me, I would do a great job  ;D )

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 12:41:19 PM »
Backing vocals with MK?    Definitely a NO from me!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Jackal

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 01:53:48 PM »
You ladies just say no because your jealous  ;D

But seriously - I don't think female backing singers would be appropriate for all his songs, but for some I think they would add an extra great dimension.

Rollergirl

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 02:35:40 PM »
You ladies just say no because your jealous  ;D

Hell yeah!  ;D

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »
What do you think?

I think the Knebworth 1990 performance is pretty dull and boring honestly and there were many MK solo tour performances in the years after that were better.

I remember buying the 2 DVD set of Knebworth '90 years back and being pretty disappointed with the festival as a whole. The lineup was a cast of "leftovers" of defunct bands from the 70s and 80s that were past their peak by 1990. The whole event struck me as very dry....I just never liked it.

But what do you think as in "what do you think about Mark having female background vocals in the band"?

Not the worst thing to happen in music, but I don't particularly care for it.  :)
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »
Knebworth was my first international show with DS that I watched live - on TV. It was a fabulous experience knowing that you watch live from the TV (actually I think there were a couple more songs performed not on the DVD or CD issue), so I can't really count as a reliable observer. But I think that even the not so imaginative EC  solos are not that bad, and the chance to see so many people and a new song  was great. And I adore the female back up singers, they add to the general feeling, If they are in the nude and cleaning at the same time, it is even better. But of course for good measure male singers can be also in the nude. Strangles have done it, why not MK who is a better musician after all. It is all about music, isn't it?  Give it all to the crowd.

Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 45 queries.