Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Hugh Laurie  (Read 5821 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Hugh Laurie
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 09:19:07 PM »
That kid ("with a face like a bullett")  on the first day at school that asked him the immortal question "Celtic or Rangers", which Mark must have been answered in the right way because he still lives to tell - as he told us in the STP press kit - classic!

LE

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:07:23 PM by Love Expresso »

Jackal

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 11:41:39 PM »
Have there been any more impersonations made by MK during interviews?

There was an interview on YouTube from the 80s, recorded at Air Studios in London, I think, where he did a great impersonation of Dylan. He was asked about how he came to produce Infidels I think, and Dylan had said to his manager, with this kind of Jewish New York accent: "You know, I've just been makin' home rekedz [records]. I wanna make a real reked." It was really funny. Couldn't find on YouTube now though.

Plus then you have all the banter and joking with Brendan Croker at the NHB concerts where Mark kind of lets loose. So funny.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 02:45:30 PM »
That kid ("with a face like a bullett")  on the first day at school that asked him the immortal question "Celtic or Rangers", which Mark must have been answered in the right way because he still lives to tell - as he told us in the STP press kit - classic!

LE

Yes, now I remember that one, too!

Have there been any more impersonations made by MK during interviews?

There was an interview on YouTube from the 80s, recorded at Air Studios in London, I think, where he did a great impersonation of Dylan. He was asked about how he came to produce Infidels I think, and Dylan had said to his manager, with this kind of Jewish New York accent: "You know, I've just been makin' home rekedz [records]. I wanna make a real reked." It was really funny. Couldn't find on YouTube now though.

Plus then you have all the banter and joking with Brendan Croker at the NHB concerts where Mark kind of lets loose. So funny.

Yeah, let's hope that it finds the way to youtube in the future.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 10:51:02 PM »
The German accent during the Les Boys story is funny too :D Boston '80!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 12:35:55 AM »
The German accent during the Les Boys story is funny too :D Boston '80!
yessss
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »
Bloody good album, love the raw feel.  MK could learn something from the production style.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »
What a nice production. And even though I am not such a big admirer of his vocal abilities, (i don't like his "s", "t" or "j" 's) his voice is not that bad.
He has a long history with music, even if the only glimpses we got were from a little Fry and Laurie episodes or fragments from House. Yes he is no Sinatra, but a lot of people get away with it, Dylan comes in mind. (And yes maybe the other qualities in Dylan's voice makes him the ideal singer for his songs, but you can't deny his voice is no canary) 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »
Agree with both of you, Banjo and Vgonis. As for Hugh's voice, yes, it starts getting on my nerves after a while, too, but I still prefer it over Dylan's anytime  :P That said, a unique voice with flaws is always better than some perfect casting show voice.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 43 queries.