Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Need to vent....  (Read 2626 times)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Need to vent....
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:31:31 AM »
We moved to a lovely neighbourhood 18 months ago except... One of our neighbours let's his dog run wild all over and the obvious mess occurs on our front lawn. I spoke to the fella shortly after we moved in (I bagged the mess then left it on their driveway) and said I have enough sh!t of my own to clean and would appreciate if he cleaned his own dog doings! Well things were quiet after that until about two weeks ago.
Whilst relaxing in our lounge, the kids and some other neighborhood kids came stroking into the house merrily playing, after a few minutes I say to my wife, "what's that smell..."? Well you know, of course! :disbelief
We found the offending droppings in our lawn and found the offending boot that had stood in it and walked around our carpet. We were disguted and infuriated. Sure enough I had been noticing e dog wandering again lately, without it's owner watching.
Today I caught the dog in the act on our lawn, then watched the owner call it back to his house without e slightest sign of coming to pick up. SO, I stroll over and ask if he would mind picking up his dogs mess? Sheepishly he does. Then I say, can you stop letting the dog wander over onto our grass? He won't, and he says the dog has been doing this for 13 yrs and no one else has a problem so its our problem!!!!!!
Whilst trying to control my temper I tell him the story of kids walking it in... Too bad he says and tells me to call the council because he won't change, letting his dog run around!

Can you believe it?!!!! I was, and am, infuriated! And I came very close to just losing it with this idiot! I'm 6 foot 1, with a short fuse and an ignorant / selfish neighbour. Very, very, very MAD!

I've emailed council, which for me is a good way of staying rational and calm for now.

Thanks for listening.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Need to vent....
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:51:40 AM »
Hi Fletch!   I empathise with you completely!    My problem was similar to yours, but thankfully is resolved now as the dog has long gone to the great boneyard in the sky!  

I had a neighbour a few houses from me, who every morning let her dog out to do what it had to do and, of course, it was my lawn it chose as it's favourite place!   I really love my lawn to look good, so it was really annoying.  The final straw came when I opened the curtains one morning to see the dog performing and wiping it's feet, sending great clods of the offending **** slithering all down my windows!   I felt as incensed as you sound at the moment and marched up to the neighbour's house with the dirt on a shovel and said "I think this belongs to you"!  It was quite funny really, because the dirt splattered all over her lawn!  ;D   Her reply was that it had to go somewhere and what could she do about it!  ::)

I hope your problem is resolved soon   :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:30:09 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
keep us updated on the council reply. ;D
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Jackal

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »
Whatever happened to "taking the dog for a walk to the nearest field or forest"? I feel I'm getting irritated just by thinking of it. Need to put the kettle on.

Speaking of kettle, THIS is funny s***. Hope it will cheer you up a little:

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 12:28:52 PM »
 :lol    :lol

Of course, it isn't usually the dog's fault, it's the owner who needs training and in my case the dog was a really nice, friendly, golden labrador!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
Solution = a sausage(just one so you can watch it) with a sprinkling of poison to be left for aforementioned pest (not the ownwr),by the time it takes effect he will be well gone from your garden - job done :o
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »
Thankfully my kettle is pure! v. Funny!

Thanks for the advice guys & gals, i appreciate it.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 12:47:20 PM »
Val, I like that story, it gives me hope! ;D

Rollergirl

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »
I feel sorry for the dog, its owner can't be bothered to take him for a walk!

Really annoying, I don't know what I would do if I was you...

That said, when I was little, our dog was left running around in the neighbourhood (something I would never do now) and we never had poo in our garden......

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 43 queries.