Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Favourite no famous moment of MKs!!!!  (Read 3351 times)

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
Favourite no famous moment of MKs!!!!
« on: December 30, 2009, 12:41:43 AM »
We all know about the famous live Knopfler moments like Money for nothing at live aid, Brothers in Arms at Mandela etc but I would love to hear what your personal favourite live moments have been. For me the moment that literally gives me goosepimples and makes me cry with joy is the Stuart Duncan's solo after the third verse of Done With Bonaparte.......the brilliance of the playing by all the band especially Marks national playing, the build up to the solo and the way the solo just take everything to a new level just moves me so much!!!!!!!!! Another one is whenever Mark starts the final verse of Hill Farmer's Blues and the bass and drums kick in.....beautiful stuff!!!

Mark

x

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
Re: Favourite no famous moment of MKs!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »
Well my personal favourite is the "Feel like going home" solo with Tom Jones 1996.That is something that really blows me away.Very powerful.
And yeah of course every Brothers in Arms,Sultans,What it is... version is a goosebump moment.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:45:57 AM »
Enjoying MK and the band playing some tunes backstage in Newcastle last year, from my vantage point about 5 inches away from the back of MK's head, with my arse pressed up against Matt's amp. Thanks once again to Waterline Man for taking me with him. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »
i get major goosebumps everytime i hear "Railroad Blues" with Brendan singing and Mark playing from that semi official 1986 live release.....
or the brothers in arms moment on the "on the night" video where the camera zooms into this exceptionally pretty girl...
nah really, goosebumps come whenever i hear You and your friend live on that same video
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »
For me it was my first MK concert!
The moment that he walked onto the stage, I was so happy, I just can`t describe it, he started with cannibals and one moment i was thinking that he made a diffferent arrangment for walk of life because I saw a red telecaster! ;D

Lars
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Rollergirl

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »
Like Dusty, one of the highlights was the tunes played at the M&G but  my number one is, like Lars, my first DS concert, back in 1992. Since I started listening to DS, I was living for that moment when I finally saw them live. I was in the North of England for a few months and made the trip to Paris just for that.
I was not dissappointed!

(so what if I can't come up with my own idea?  ;D)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »
I don't know if this is a famous moment or not, but I think it's the ultimate best of Mark. I'm sure a lot of you have seen it before. "where do you think you're going"

I've never seen Mark sings like this before. Incredible.

Happy New Year to all MK fans. 

Love Expresso

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »
When this curtain was pulled up at the OES indoor shows. It was my first show in Bremen 1991 and I had not heard about this "show effect". There was
not internet in those times you know, and it was pretty early on the tour. It literally blew me away when the light and the music was fired into the audience. And the percussion/drum solo on that Calling Elvis from that tour was also great. No goosebumps for me, I get them when I feel cold, but
shivers were there a lot.

LE

Offlinejcser

• Guitar George
  • no matter who you are, you are. - James Taylor
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 05:28:17 PM »
As I recall, the moment he started with "Cannibals" at Berkeley last year, the audience roared as one and I know I had both fists in the air pumping. I was transported. And anytime - ANYTIME - the long outtro to Speedway gets really going, I can hardly sit still - even in the car.

Well, I guess it wasn't last year. I'm glad it wasn't last year. I would have missed it!  ;D

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »
he he  ....    thinking back it would be my first and last DS concert in 1992 in Copenhagen (Gentofte) where the rain poured down in massive loads.
The 25.000 people very happy though and in the break within the 2 sessions, Mark came out alone and played "Singing In The Rain" the old Gene Kelly song, ;-)
and we all sang along and it was very memorable and a real shame it was not recorded.  After Singing In The Rain he continued with Ol
Cheers Peter

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 43 queries.