Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Have you ever dreamed about MK?  (Read 21805 times)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Re: Have you ever dreamed about MK?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »
YES...  I am sure I want to reply to this old thread... 

So, I wasn't aware of this thread until today when I was talking with Sweetsurrender on the phone about my upcoming trip, and also about our hopes to see MK in the US this Fall, when I mentioned that was so excited about the upcoming concerts that I had a couple dreams about MK. 

The first one was when Mark and the band stopped by my house on their way to their next gig, and he asked if he could leave some of the equipment for me to keep for him (no idea why, this was just the dream).  He greeted me with a nice hug and we talked for just a bit, and then I started showing the other guys around so that they could get the equipment stored.  It was some time later that I realized Mark was surprised that I hadn't asked for pictures or autographs, and so he decided to leave in order to get to the show on time.  I woke up rather disappointed that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye (or get a picture or autograph).

A few nights ago I had another dream where I met Mark at a concert, and THIS time I asked for a few pictures with him.  We posed for some really cute/funny photos, but when I went to review the shots (still in my dream), I learned that the camera had malfunctioned and I didn't have any pictures of us.   :'(

Both dreams, MK was very nice, and rather chatty. 

And I definitely think it is worthwhile resurrecting this old thread...  I laughed pretty hard while reading the earlier comments!  :D ;D :'( :D
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 06:03:53 AM »
Thanks for sharing your dreams and resurrected this thread. The last one was in 2011 !!! It was fun to go back and read some of our silly dreams.  Sure there  must be more dreams to share here. :thumbsup :wave

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:01 AM »
It is peculiar that I haven't yet posted in this because I remember quite clearly that I have written my MK dream at AMIT. But maybe this was also a dream...
OK, I must have seen at least two MK dreams, but I only remember vividly one of them. I was at a second hand record store, looking for DS & MK LPs and CDs in pristine condition. I was feeling rather angry, because I already had them all, but MK had signed them all,  right in the middle of the covers and ruined them !!!!! I was about to leave rather disappointed because I couldn't find anything with a clear cover, (can't recall if they were all signed, rendering the clear ones collectible and more expensive-this is the fetish side of me speaking...) when a seemingly depressed MK entered the store and came straight to me and started talking to me like we were old friends (which in the dream was quite normal, because we were good friends, but I had the feelingthat he was one of the annoying kind!!!) He was asking me about his latest LP both music and cover and I was giving him the slip, because I didn't have the time to listen to it and told him something about the cover. Next thing I know, we were out on the street and he was thanking me about the help I have provided???
Now what do you make out of this?
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineCarrionSpy

• Camerado
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:36 AM »
I dreamed yesterday that I was in London for extra RAH dates by the end of August!!!!!!
What made you think there'd be a living in sheep?

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 06:59:50 PM »
I dreamed yesterday that I was in London for extra RAH dates by the end of August!!!!!!
It sounds more like daydreaming to me!  ;D I don't think it counts. We want to see what the subconscious has to say.  ;)
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 07:00:01 AM »
It sounds more like daydreaming to me!  ;D I don't think it counts. We want to see what the subconscious has to say.  ;)

That will have to be a seperate thread.   :thumbsup :thumbsup :clap :clap :wave

Offlinesingv

• Camerado
  • Down that long highway
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »
I dreamt just a few days ago that I was meeting mark...he put his hand around my shoulder and chatted casually for a few minutes. Can't remember where it was happening or what he said. Waking up was disappointine ;)
Spirits call from way beyond
Lord I may not disobey...

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 05:39:26 PM »
Last night I had a weird dream. In the 2,5 hours I slept because I still have a horrible jetlag.
I was in a concert from MK. Doing live setlist. But he was playing really unexpected songs, all songs he never played live and also covers from others. Those covers I didn't recognize, only knew it were covers, because I knew it wasn't DS or MK, I know them all of course.

During sending my live setlist I had to write down the whole songs instead of abbreviations, so that already took a lot of time.
Then trying to find out what those unknown songs were. It really took a lot of time and I couldn't make it possible to keep the live setlist up to date   ::) I started to panic that you all couldn't follow it anymore and because of that it took even more time  :(

So I only slept a couple of hours and in that time I was very busy  :-\

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2013, 01:11:17 AM »
I used to imagine not dream I guess about meeting the man himself and what I would do and say if and when the event ever occurred...

The date was Friday 27th September 2013 and at a lovely little venue not far away from me!!

what I imagined might happen one day most certainly DID!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;)

(The added bonuses apart from just meeting him was the chat we had and then the shake of the hand too!! - never ever to be forgotten!!!!!)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:13:35 AM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 01:08:12 AM »
Mark (and band) came over to my house again last night.  He seems to be making this a bit of a habit ;)

He wasn't feeling well at first, but I made a nice dinner and we all enjoyed great conversation.   We took a lot of pictures of us and the guys.  Had a really wonderful time. 

:D ;D :think

If you ain’t got whiskey

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2014, 05:38:32 AM »
Lis, can't wait to see those pictures!
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2014, 06:10:42 AM »
Lis, can't wait to see those pictures!
:lol
Me too!!  :'( :'(
 ;D
If you ain’t got whiskey

LoveExpresso

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2014, 06:57:39 AM »
Last night I had a weird dream. In the 2,5 hours I slept because I still have a horrible jetlag.
I was in a concert from MK. Doing live setlist. But he was playing really unexpected songs, all songs he never played live and also covers from others. Those covers I didn't recognize, only knew it were covers, because I knew it wasn't DS or MK, I know them all of course.

During sending my live setlist I had to write down the whole songs instead of abbreviations, so that already took a lot of time.
Then trying to find out what those unknown songs were. It really took a lot of time and I couldn't make it possible to keep the live setlist up to date   ::) I started to panic that you all couldn't follow it anymore and because of that it took even more time  :(

So I only slept a couple of hours and in that time I was very busy  :-\

Must have missed this post last year - that's so sweet, Ingrid!  :wave  :lol

LE

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »
Not yet but I usually don't dream or I don't remember the whole thing but it's not about MK or DS!
'
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 05:59:41 PM »
Hi you
Nice to bring this post back.

I hardly remember the dreams I dream, but I vaguelly remind of dreaming about MK a few times.

But onde I had the most vivid song not about him, but about a new DS release. After I listened to "Calling Elves", wich was not released as a single down here in Brazil, but just as an advanced promo from the then upcoming album, I dreamt about the booklet artwork from "On every street". My imagens were indeed very similar to the real thing. I actually even thought about the type font which was used in the linner notes. It was courier new, which I think is very similar to the actual work - I don't know which font is.

Last January, I had a similar dream about Privateering, not so vivid though.
Love over gold, mind over matter

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 38 queries.