Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: When the music is over  (Read 9347 times)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Re: When the music is over
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 06:27:39 PM »
Oh my gosh... I am in tears just thinking about this.  Yes, we would still have his music, but this would be a very dark time in my life.   

I hope he continues to write, record and tour for many more years.
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 07:37:30 PM »
Good albeit sad question.
I think I will:
1/Write and publish a personal article to tell in details how MK's music changed my life;
2/Try to have my children know and enjoy his music to keep the memory alive.
3/Lobby so that a 10 bluray box, with all existing video/audio available material, is released.
4/if I can, try to convince Clint Eastwood to incarnate MK in a great biopic movie :)
5/of course, gather with AMIT friends as much as possible...

OfflineShai

• Camerado
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »
Sort of like Liz, I will cry, but only for an hour or so. Then I will play his music nonstop for like a week, with many tears and laughs in between. After the week is over, I will be ready to rejoin society and keep my personal contacts with MK alive in my memory, and never stop playing his music. There is a connection between our souls through his music that can't be describe, but that I can safely say we will rekindle in the next world!!

Saul

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 10:36:04 PM »
I think I will:
1/Write and publish a personal article to tell in details how MK's music changed my life;
3/Lobby so that a 10 bluray box, with all existing video/audio available material, is released.
4/if I can, try to convince Clint Eastwood to incarnate MK in a great biopic movie :)

You know Clint Eastwood is 20 years older than MK? ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 10:43:18 PM »
I think I will:

You know Clint Eastwood is 20 years older than MK? ;)
I know. This was not a serious one.:) just think that Clint would be ideal to portray an old MK.- grumpy as hell, but with an golden heart hidden deep inside, as in Gran Torino

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 04:33:25 AM »
I watched Torino again the other night. A great example of another artistic legend at the top of his game at a ripe age. Thumbs up Clint! & Stay on my lawn.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 08:38:12 AM »
I too agree that a meet-up be it an anniversary when the inevitable occurs would be great, but for me the music will live on until I too pass. Plenty of Knopfler music already planned for my own:wave

Anyway enough of the negative onto the positive - the next album and tour - yes I know he is the US next!!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 10:52:30 AM »
There is a joke I use a lot, linked with the movie "The Sixth Sense", you know... "On occasions... I listen death people... in my ipod!"

It´s scary when I check how many of them are already dead, they win the living ones for sure!

Music will last forever, but when your favourite musician means so much to you, is linked with so many memories of your life... your feelings about it are deeper.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 03:20:39 PM »
I think there really is nothing wrong with visiting a grave. It doesn't have to be a Elvis or Morrisson weird idolisation kind of stuff
Simply paying a visit to a beloved human being with all the respect he deserves is ok I guess.

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 08:53:03 PM »
I just suggest we could think about meeting on his birthday to celebrate his music, not in the (far away) day he dies...
Love over gold, mind over matter

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 11:47:18 PM »
I just suggest we could think about meeting on his birthday to celebrate his music, not in the (far away) day he dies...

We do when he is on tour, meeting and celebrate his music  ;)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2015, 09:35:36 AM »
I think that we are past the sensitive age where a death would devastate us in a great degree. We have a much more pressing life that does not allow time to grieve. And certainly a change in priorities. It will certainly be a blow though. But if we think about it, many favorite ones have left the building the past decade (like Gary Moore, JJ Cale, etc) and though I was sorry, it wasn't the emotional wave that I thought I'd have.  Early on in the eighties and early nineties  I even felt  post dated grievance for people I didn't know they were gone already (like Graham Chapman that I found out about his passing 5 years later), but now, for me,  it is just a part of life. After all we hardly know these people, don't we? We just love their music and the fact that they are making it. It is a common trip with passengers that they touch our lives but not the other way around. 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2015, 10:10:33 AM »
I think that we are past the sensitive age where a death would devastate us in a great degree. We have a much more pressing life that does not allow time to grieve. And certainly a change in priorities. It will certainly be a blow though. But if we think about it, many favorite ones have left the building the past decade (like Gary Moore, JJ Cale, etc) and though I was sorry, it wasn't the emotional wave that I thought I'd have.  Early on in the eighties and early nineties  I even felt  post dated grievance for people I didn't know they were gone already (like Graham Chapman that I found out about his passing 5 years later), but now, for me,  it is just a part of life. After all we hardly know these people, don't we? We just love their music and the fact that they are making it. It is a common trip with passengers that they touch our lives but not the other way around.

As I am quite a few years older than MK, I may not be around myself when that very sad day arrives, but if I am still alive I know that a very big part of my life will have gone.   MK's music is with me every single day and he feels like a dear friend, even though he is totally unaware of it!   I have been sad many times when I hear of the death of other musicians, actors, etc, but MK means much more to me than others and there is no doubt that I will be very sad indeed.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2015, 10:20:08 PM »
MK is not just a musician I listen to, he is like Val says, a dear dear friend. Of course it is totally one way and he has no idea who I am but he is part of my identity and has had the biggest influence on my life than any other person. It is Mark's personality that elevates him from a mere musical hero to that of some kind of guiding light in my life...The way he conducts himself is amazing and that is the reason I am so in love with the whole "mark Knopfler" thing....if he was otherwise I would not feel the same way towards him and his amazing songs.....

When he goes, there will be no words to describe my grief...it may take years to come to terms with but I will treasure the memories he has left....

X

You wrote almost exactly how I will feel if I'm still alive when he'll pass away but I think that, for the sake of his family, it will not happen until he's over 80 or maybe 90!!! :thumbsup :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »
Clint is also one on my idols  8)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 38 queries.