Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Buy signed Colin Davidson litograph  (Read 6203 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Buy signed Colin Davidson litograph
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 09:01:56 PM »
You are right DMG, actually if MK had other musicians, like McIntosh or Bronze instead of Bennett and Worf, he would save lot of money, and not many people will hear any real difference, but Bennett and Worf are his friends, and... he has expensive friends with who he wants to share his tours...

The same goes with McGoldrick, he is great, but it´s not needed, most of the times he does the same than McCusker, in very few songs he is playing something different than McCusker, and it's not really necessary, but... he is a nice chap and it's great to have him on tour...

And now they will have Ruth Moody and Nigel, at least in the UK leg, more musicians to paid for...

I wonder when he will rent an orchestra to travel with him as well  ;D

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 10:46:13 AM »
Springsteen had 17 to 20 musicians on stage during the "Seegers Sessions Tour".

It can still be reached :)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 07:28:45 PM »
I like switaki thought the initial email was for a 'Litho' as per the tours but was quite shocked to see the 'print' of MK and then the price!!
Anyway how about two drummers for the tour to add to the line-up! Welcome back Danny!! :clap ;D ;D
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 09:52:37 PM »
You are right DMG, actually if MK had other musicians, like McIntosh or Bronze instead of Bennett and Worf, he would save lot of money, and not many people will hear any real difference, but Bennett and Worf are his friends, and... he has expensive friends with who he wants to share his tours...

The same goes with McGoldrick, he is great, but it´s not needed, most of the times he does the same than McCusker, in very few songs he is playing something different than McCusker, and it's not really necessary, but... he is a nice chap and it's great to have him on tour...

And now they will have Ruth Moody and Nigel, at least in the UK leg, more musicians to paid for...

It's the whole party that has to be paid. And I don't only speak of the airplane. I'd guess that the folkies (no disrespect here) earn more money on the MK tour than on usual folk gigs. So there's the caring character trait of MK.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 04:25:23 PM »

It's the whole party that has to be paid. And I don't speak about the airplane. I'd guess that the folkies (no disrespect here) earn more money on the MK tour than on usual folk gigs. So there's the caring character trait of MK.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 07:00:42 PM »
Sorry but its hideous. Who has that sort of money lying around.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 36 queries.