Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: British Grove Records  (Read 5173 times)

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Re: British Grove Records
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 10:40:09 AM »
This kind of makes me wonder about how the deal with Universal now looks like.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 11:05:22 AM »
I am about to get my hands on both a review from last tour but more relevant a new interview with MK fra by a Danish reporter, who met MK in London because of the new release and new film by a dane. Its in Danish and I will translate it into English if, and when, I get my hands on it. Its available only to paying customers.

The only thing visible now is MK saying that "as long as my accountants tell me that I can run the studio then I will continue to do so". "Its not about making money, its about me having a studio that lives up to my demands and gives me the freedom to do what I want to do."

I can also see something about him using streaming services.   
Cheers Peter

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »
Permit me some bits of wild speculation.

I am no expert on the workings of the music business but perhaps, after label problems in the past, MK has in mind to move towards having his own label - maybe with one of the majors essentially acting as distributors of physical product. The advantage is that it would give him more control as he would not be so subject to outside pressures.

As I've said before, I don't follow this MK stuff as closely as you lot but does anyone know how long his current record company contracts run?

My thought is that he may be thinking about what arrangements should follow the present ones.

The other possibility is that, when he meets other musicians, they discuss these sorts of things, including problems with their record labels, and he thinks that a musician-led label would, as we say over here, "have legs".

It would also be a way of publicising the British Grove Studios and attracting other musicians to use it. If he says he'll continue the studio as long as his accountants approve (did I get that right?), then perhaps having other musicians use it would be a way of defraying the running costs.

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 11:46:15 AM »
Yep, thats what he is quoted as saying. As long as they say its OK.
Cheers Peter

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 08:13:15 PM »
There WILL be more records in the future. He is doing a 3-4 concert days on the go to letting him write songs while he is touring.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 38 queries.