Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK interview on Huffington Post  (Read 14041 times)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Re: MK interview on Huffington Post
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 10:45:57 AM »
It isn't really a human right to have Mark Knopfler playing in your country, although I'd be pretty happy if that was the law. How sad I am for you that MK isn't going to play anywhere near you foma, I can understand his decision not to play with such homophobic laws. But that is entirely my opinion. On the other hand, like there's been said before; you can find a reason for any country.. Difficult. Anyway, maybe a good moment to go back to topic or make a new thread for this discussion?
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

foma

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 01:07:17 PM »
No need for a new thread unless Mark or Guy will say something bad about it again. They both looks so proud about it, and that's pathetic.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2015, 02:30:53 PM »
That's because most people don't have the time or the nerve to scrutinise those predications declared by the mass media in lockstep. Now I'm being ironic: we are good and they are bad. Simple as that.

This is something, anybody should think about:
Every time I read an article about something where I know my stuff, I tend to discover errors and inaccuracies - sometimes even plain lies.
When I turn the page and read something different about things that I'm not experienced in and educated about, I always have to remind me that the text may have its errors, lies and inaccuracies too.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2015, 04:58:49 PM »
IMO, canceling the Russian shows in 2013 was a major fault.
It's a question of loyalty towards the fans who had paid their tickets (and arranged plane tickets, booked hotels, planned days off or vacations...) and were looking forward to that moment.
At no point Mark or whoever in the band was threatened by homophobia or human rights question. 
The only ones who paid the price are fans like foma. 20 Thousands of fans paid for a caprice.
What about Putin ? Since  MK is not a judo champion or an ice skating beauty, Putin probably doesn't know who he is !  :think

foma

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »
IMO, canceling the Russian shows in 2013 was a major fault.
It's a question of loyalty towards the fans who had paid their tickets (and arranged plane tickets, booked hotels, planned days off or vacations...) and were looking forward to that moment.
At no point Mark or whoever in the band was threatened by homophobia or human rights question. 
The only ones who paid the price are fans like foma. 20 Thousands of fans paid for a caprice.
What about Putin ? Since  MK is not a judo champion or an ice skating beauty, Putin probably doesn't know who he is !  :think

Thank you for a good point. Yes, at least he could release the statement AFTER the concert, it can be survived painlessly, or a lot easier anyway.
I know it would be very bad for him to play, because its the reason he canceled whole thing and so on, but I promise fans up to date didn't get it.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2015, 09:13:12 PM »
Thank you for a good point. Yes, at least he could release the statement AFTER the concert, it can be survived painlessly, or a lot easier anyway.
I know it would be very bad for him to play, because its the reason he canceled whole thing and so on, but I promise fans up to date didn't get it.
It's really the way I feel it. It's a question of respect. 20,000 customers paid their tickets and have no plan B.
The strongest way to react would have been to play in Russia and deliver a message on stage.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 40 queries.