Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK interview on Huffington Post  (Read 13937 times)

Offlinesingv

• Camerado
  • Down that long highway
Spirits call from way beyond
Lord I may not disobey...

foma

Re: MK interview on Huffington Post
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 04:23:37 PM »
Cool that he got asked about cancelling Russian shows. People there still can't understand this gesture of Mark. But he seems like still in proud of it.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 08:56:50 PM »
He couldn't go into any country anymore, maybe with the exception of Bhutan?! All nations have (had?!) their fair share of disgusting cruelties, injustice and despotism. To me, his decision not to visit Russia was wrong.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

foma

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:10:26 PM »
He couldn't go into any country anymore, maybe with the exception of Bhutan?! All nations have (had?!) their fair share of disgusting cruelties, injustice and despotism. To me, his decision not to visit Russia was wrong.

Yeah right. At the same time he have USA and German tours as we all know, and that's the point? And I actually read what Amnesty International supported terrorists once, so maybe I should consider boycotting Mark's music from listening then? Or maybe I should just listen to music, and Mark should play concerts what was announced?

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 10:02:09 PM »

Yeah right. At the same time he have USA and German tours as we all know, and that's the point? And I actually read what Amnesty International supported terrorists once, so maybe I should consider boycotting Mark's music from listening then? Or maybe I should just listen to music, and Mark should play concerts what was announced?

I'd like to know which terrorist groups Amnesty supported haha!!!!!

foma

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:05:40 PM »

I laugh just like you when read about Mark discussing Russia, as if he lives there. He knows only what he can read, just like I reading about Amnesty supporting terrorists. It's not the point, point is what Mark separates music from business, but for some reason music and politics are the same for him.

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »

I laugh just like you when read about Mark discussing Russia, as if he lives there. He knows only what he can read, just like I reading about Amnesty supporting terrorists. It's not the point, point is what Mark separates music from business, but for some reason music and politics are the same for him.

I think he was upset cos a girl band was chucked in jail for singing in a church. If it had happened in UK, the cops would have removed them and let em go or not even have responded at all.   

foma

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 10:56:21 PM »
I think he was upset cos a girl band was chucked in jail for singing in a church. If it had happened in UK, the cops would have removed them and let em go or not even have responded at all.   

And here starts part nor Mark or general public don't know. Those girls are actually experienced troublemakers, they did not only singing in church, one of them once had s*x somewhere in public, while being prengant, they had another bad 'concert activity', this singing in church was just a last drop. Not talking about their music being pure dog's food, they're punks in the most disgusting meaning of the term.

And what Mark reads? 'Three poor Russian girls being thrown into jail for 2 years!'. And thinks 'I'm gonna cancel the tour over there'.

He cancel the tour in Russia because he admires girls who had s*x in public while pregnant or something like that? He should know the whole story first.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:10:48 PM by foma »

foma

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 11:00:02 PM »
And that was just two of their glorious public acts. I can go on and on. And by the way, they left the jail very soon after. Nobody sitted there 2 years.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »
If Mark decided to cancel Russia it was done with strong reason for him to do so.

And since, new russian homophobian laws has proven him he was right.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

foma

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 11:19:13 PM »
If Mark decided to cancel Russia it was done with strong reason for him to do so.

Of course all other countries have 100% legal, good laws, no troubles of any king, good people, absence of gays on his concert, pure Shangri-La.

I'm actually WAS on the Mark's side all these two years, but after that interview I feel myself just pissed off. Long reaction, but still, I feel upset now.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 11:33:19 PM »
And that was just two of their glorious public acts. I can go on and on. And by the way, they left the jail very soon after. Nobody sitted there 2 years.

February 26,2012
December 23, 2013 upon a general amnesty.

Not exactly two years but still close.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 11:38:48 PM »

Of course all other countries have 100% legal, good laws, no troubles of any king, good people, absence of gays on his concert, pure Shangri-La.

I'm actually WAS on the Mark's side all these two years, but after that interview I feel myself just pissed off. Long reaction, but still, I feel upset now.

Every country has democracy problem, even mine. But this is not all white nor all black, just that from a point you reach dark grey you have just to say STOP!

Especially when it is done on so called "moral" reason. The worst crimes are made on that name.

foma

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 11:54:09 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Amnesty_International

Even whole page for AI criticism exists on Wikipedia, I didn't know that. And after reading this, still you thinks AI filled with nuns and monks only?

But again, I talk here not about Amnesty International, I talk about fans who was hurt by his decision. In fact the only thing ended up hurt was fans.

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 12:22:34 AM »

And here starts part nor Mark or general public don't know. Those girls are actually experienced troublemakers, they did not only singing in church, one of them once had s*x somewhere in public, while being prengant, they had another bad 'concert activity', this singing in church was just a last drop. Not talking about their music being pure dog's food, they're punks in the most disgusting meaning of the term.

And what Mark reads? 'Three poor Russian girls being thrown into jail for 2 years!'. And thinks 'I'm gonna cancel the tour over there'.

He cancel the tour in Russia because he admires girls who had s*x in public while pregnant or something like that? He should know the whole story first.
Its not a crime to have sex in public in UK. Bad behaviour yes but we dont face jail. You ve got it wrong. You re 50 years behind.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 50 queries.