Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guitarist interview  (Read 6737 times)

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
Re: Guitarist interview
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 10:06:55 PM »
The problem is that AMIT as a fanbase has an interest to collect this reviews and information as a database. Providing the links means that the informations get lost. I hope that it is ok, to copy an article (that has not to be paid and is available), put it in the forum and to give at the beginnig of the post the source-link. To do it perfectly right, we should ask permission of every source.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 11:55:21 PM »
Copying a review posted online is one thing.

Providing a download link for a magazine that costs £5.75 (not much less than a Tracker CD!) a couple of days after publication is different IMO.

In any case, I'm not trying to take a moral stance on this issue, just avoid the site getting into legal difficulties.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 06:11:25 AM »
Sorry to be a spoilsport but I don't think we can encourage piracy on this site.

Posting the mag was well intentioned but could see the site hit with legal action by the publishers.

I'll take advice from fellow editors and if they feel differently we can reinstate the link but for the time being I feel it's too risky to AMIT. :(
+1
SL1

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 11:54:38 PM »
Thank you Maroretto!!!!!  :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :wave

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 10:47:43 AM »
You can buy the digital version at zinio.com. I payed a bit more than 5 Euros, just reading it now.
Unfortunately you cannot download it as PDF or so but must read it with their reader or an app online
my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
Picked up a copy this afternoon and by jove its a fab interview and it has some MK tab too.....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 01:54:21 PM »
Does someone read the interview in the latest edition of Guitarist (only in UK i think). Something about MK playing Sultans in pain also mentioned in Guy's forum today. Perhaps anyone have more info about this and the interview??  :wave

I've ordered mine last friday on the site they mentionned on MK's FB Page. Hoping to get it tomorrow or thursday!! Somebody from UK on this forum already bought it? :wave

Hello, has somebody received The Guitarist magazine yet? I'm still waiting for it and I wonder if it's normal? Thanks. ???

I bought it as well. Hoping to receive it soon! But unfortunately they told me it takes 10 to 14 days to deliver it in Europe. :(
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 08:59:05 PM »
From the editorial page at the start of the magazine:

'Mark my words'
It was a pleasure to interview Mark Knopfler for this months cover story. As we were talking, a memory from teenage years came to mind. Occasionally, I'd drop by a friends house, where his older brother would often hold court dispensing worldly wisdom to us young'uns. One day, he declared it was a scientific fact that Mark Knopfler was the best guitarist in the world!! As if Knopfler had been fitted with sensors in Swiss institute alongside Page, Clapton, Gilmour and others and come out on top. I was telling a workmate about this and he recalled a family argument that nearly errupted over the same surprisingly contentious point..is Mark Knopfler the greatest guitarist in the world? Lots of people are passionately connected with Knopfler's music, as some are to football teams - and that's not purely down to his playing. It's also the stories he tells in his lyrics.
Like good short films, the scenes and people in his songs are rooted in everyday experience, observed with a compassionate eye. I'd like to think that when vocal champions of Knopfler's playing call him the best in the world, they mean he is a wonderful storyteller and songwriter too. Because all the technic in the world can't make people feel what a great lyric, accompanied by a handful of well chosen notes can....

Absolutely brilliant summarisation of our hero I'd say personally...

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 09:16:03 PM »
^ thank you Knopflerfan, yes that's a beautiful editorial & quite funny!

I think one of the early guitar mag interviews from the 80s described him once as " he arrived from nowhere, a guitar god, fully formed .." or words like it
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 09:23:57 PM »
From the editorial page at the start of the magazine:

'Mark my words'
It was a pleasure to interview Mark Knopfler for this months cover story. As we were talking, a memory from teenage years came to mind. Occasionally, I'd drop by a friends house, where his older brother would often hold court dispensing worldly wisdom to us young'uns. One day, he declared it was a scientific fact that Mark Knopfler was the best guitarist in the world!! As if Knopfler had been fitted with sensors in Swiss institute alongside Page, Clapton, Gilmour and others and come out on top. I was telling a workmate about this and he recalled a family argument that nearly errupted over the same surprisingly contentious point..is Mark Knopfler the greatest guitarist in the world? Lots of people are passionately connected with Knopfler's music, as some are to football teams - and that's not purely down to his playing. It's also the stories he tells in his lyrics.
Like good short films, the scenes and people in his songs are rooted in everyday experience, observed with a compassionate eye. I'd like to think that when vocal champions of Knopfler's playing call him the best in the world, they mean he is a wonderful storyteller and songwriter too. Because all the technic in the world can't make people feel what a great lyric, accompanied by a handful of well chosen notes can....

Absolutely brilliant summarisation of our hero I'd say personally...

Yep. This is what made DS a band like no others.
I just regret that for some time his dylanesque side took over.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 04:09:38 PM »
Lots of people are passionately connected with Knopfler's music, as some are to football teams...

If you ask my girlfriend, this is what she would say about me (in both cases)  ;D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 05:18:21 AM »
Alas, only one for me out of the two I'm afraid!! ;)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 05:21:37 AM »
^ thank you Knopflerfan, yes that's a beautiful editorial & quite funny!

Really appreciate you posting this, Knopflerfan  :D

I think one of the early guitar mag interviews from the 80s described him once as " he arrived from nowhere, a guitar god, fully formed .." or words like it

That is a great quote!!!  ;D
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »
Great little piece isn't it?!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 38 queries.