Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Autograph  (Read 20722 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Autograph
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 01:21:44 PM »
We were excited for the rest of the day anyway Knopflerfan! Happy with the session in Bridport, excited with the autographs, especially on your strat-labels

foma

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 01:28:16 PM »
Last time Mark was in Russia (2008) he decided not to walk to fans neither upon arrival or on soundcheck or at any time. Looks like he already had these strange and sad feelings about our country, although in 2001 concert in Moscow was last and could you believe it, Russian fans managed to:

01. Call Mark from his hotel to walk down
02. Take as many pictures with him as possible
03. Take as many authographs as possible (on T-shirts, CDs and all over fans)
04. Just to talk in friendly atmosphere surrounded by Paul Crockford, musicians and MK
05. Somebody even gave him balalaika as a present same evening! Shame he cancelled his concerts there.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 01:44:28 PM »
It's not about the country or the people from your country Foma. He doesn't do it nowadays. It's his right, however we would like him to act different. 2001 he did it everywhere. Now he only does when he can't avoid it. And even then, like Bridport, he sits in his car signing stuff and don't want to do pictures with fans.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »
I guess as well we have to think of the dangers in this world we are in... we are devoted fans who mean no harm but MK doesn't know who we are and what our intentions may be! Ingrid will tell you that personally if I had never met him it wouldn't of changed my opinion of MK or his music because I am not like that. But I have to admit that meeting him and obtaining personal autographs is absolutely brilliant. Can never understand anyone selling them as the MK guitars & labels will Never go!
I guess obtaining MKs autographs make everything he does so, so special now...
So we haven't got the best tickets for his tour but I think we did for Bridport in more ways than one!!!

Again good luck in your quest for an autograph...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineElise

• Guitar George
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »
I guess as well we have to think of the dangers in this world we are in... we are devoted fans who mean no harm but MK doesn't know who we are and what our intentions may be! Ingrid will tell you that personally if I had never met him it wouldn't of changed my opinion of MK or his music because I am not like that. But I have to admit that meeting him and obtaining personal autographs is absolutely brilliant. Can never understand anyone selling them as the MK guitars & labels will Never go!
I guess obtaining MKs autographs make everything he does so, so special now...
So we haven't got the best tickets for his tour but I think we did for Bridport in more ways than one!!!

Again good luck in your quest for an autograph...

Thank you so much for wishing me luck. I know what you mean, by receiving an autograph form the man himself it will become more personal than ever.
And, I love the man. With or without it :)
...like the Spanish City to me, when we were kids

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 04:44:31 PM »
Great attitude!
My motto is: Mark Knopfler - not just a hobby but a way of life!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:02:09 PM by Knopflerfan »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineElise

• Guitar George
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »
Great attitude!

Cool motto :) Maybe just fits me too :):)
...like the Spanish City to me, when we were kids

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 05:11:49 PM »
I have to also echo what twm put earlier and I really think personally that 'fleabay' and likewise sites are to blame for a lot of 'stars' attitudes to autographs.
When I met Mark in 2013 there weren't many who stayed behind afterwards but those that did obtained a signature (or three!) and in my eyes the best feeling of meeting your idol!! Anyway my only gripe was with a lady in front of me who bought around 5 lp's for MK to sign - which he did, only for all of them to appear on ebay that evening. If I'd known I would have had a word!!!
The minority ruining it for the majority!!!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »
Great attitude!

Cool motto :) Maybe just fits me too :):)

I'm sure I speak for a few on here who feel the same... MK is most certainly a huge influence on mine and Mrs Knopflerfans life... the best thing is the great 'family' we have on here as well!! Not long until we all meet up either...

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 05:16:26 PM »
Couple of years ago MK was alone about in a one meter distance from me (not on the stage :)). Sometimes I really feel that I should have said thanks for everything or something like that. But normally I am happy that I did not disturb him.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 05:23:06 PM »
Same with me Silvertown, saw him in Edinburgh when I (and he and Glenn Worf) was walking through the city.
I just did as if I didn't see him. He doesn't want to be disturbed.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »
Same happened to us at Hay-on-Wye 2007.  We were there for the weekend and MK, along with Kitty and Issy were often seen walking around the site.  Nobody bothered them and there were many perfect opportunities to approach MK for an autograph, but we respected his privacy as he was with his family.

On the first day of the show, Kitty talked about her new book with Mariella Frostrup and we were sitting on the first row, just a couple of seats away from MK and Issy. Later, I had Kitty's book signed in the book tent and I was so excited to see what she had written, that I bumped into someone and when I looked back, it was MK!   I was only about six feet away from him, but I just couldn't move and didn't have the nerve to say anything!   So I just stood and watched him, trying to summon up the nerve to say hi - which I didn't do, I regret to say!   We did meet him the following year, though, 2008, when he stopped his Mercedes in Pilgrim Street, Newcastle to say hello - something we will never forget!   Even then, I didn't ask for his autograph, but the fact that he stopped us meant everything!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
Nice memories there Val, you are like me in some respect in that chatting to him perhaps means more than an ink 'Squiggle'.... mind you my 3 ink 'Squiggles' are very much treasured as you are well aware!!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »
Nice memories there Val, you are like me in some respect in that chatting to him perhaps means more than an ink 'Squiggle'.... mind you my 3 ink 'Squiggles' are very much treasured as you are well aware!!

I hope I will get my squiggle one day, Knopflerfan - maybe in May, who knows!  Looking forward to seeing you both again!  :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 09:35:29 PM »
A good fan told me about cameras. Once he sees somebody with a photo camera, is far dificult to stop and chat or get autographs. I

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 40 queries.