Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Autograph  (Read 20562 times)

OfflineElise

• Guitar George
Autograph
« on: March 02, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
Can anyone help me with an address of Mark Knopfler where I can send him an autograph request?
I desperately want one of the master himself.. Does anyone have experience with this sort of requests?
...like the Spanish City to me, when we were kids

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Autograph
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 04:27:11 PM »
Hi Elise,

No, no-one can help. Requests to the management will not help either. There's only one way and that's waiting before a concert at the backstage and ask very kindly. That means waiting before they go to the soundcheck, usually around 16.00. So standing at the backstage around 15.00 till they arrive is your only option. Sometimes he stops, sometimes he doesn't. After the concert won't help you at all, nowadays they do a runner to the cars and plane to be at the next city the same night.

OfflineElise

• Guitar George
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »
Thank you! Maybe when MK is in the Netherlands I will try!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »
The usual is to write a letter to the Management

Paul Crockford Management
10 Tottenham Mews
London W1T 4AF
UK

This adress is on Guy Fletcher
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »
Did you ever hear that you could send some stuff and MK signed Jbaent?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:00:59 PM »
Did you ever hear that you could send some stuff and MK signed Jbaent?

No, but any fan of any artist in any period of time had made that in the hope of getting a signed photo...

Actually I think that damage management used to do it with the fans, but we all know PC is not Ed Bicknell, don't we?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 11:34:34 PM »
And MK changed as well Jbaent. He used to stop more before going to the soundcheck.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 11:36:51 PM »
And MK changed as well Jbaent. He used to stop more before going to the soundcheck.

Zwolle, 07-06-2013  :(
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 11:49:06 PM »
That was only one example. I was at the showcase 2007in Basel. Only Martina and I were waiting at the backstage and he didn't stop. It would be only 1 minute. It's all about what he feels like that day

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 12:05:51 AM »

Zwolle, 07-06-2013  :(

Yeah, that was a disappointment
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 12:30:50 AM »
Also because it was incredibly warm

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 01:23:00 AM »
I think someone here got something signed at Bridport. That, of course, was a much more low key sort of event than a concert - small audience - small venue - a little local affair, really. Maybe that's the sort of thing to look out for.

The other possibility, if you're in the Netherlands, is to try leaving something with the local promoter - maybe not the main man (woman?), who might feel it a bit beneath them to ask, but somebody else at the office, like the boss's assistant.

In theatres where a play or show is running for an extended period, you can sometimes get an autograph simply by leaving a spare programme (book) for the show with the meber of staff at the stage door. Where MK is playing a show several nights running at the same venue, this may be a possibility. However, the RAH now has a low level car park for performers etc, enabling them to avoid leaving through the stage door.

A year or so ago, we saw Dame Judi Dench in a stage play in London. After the performance, the staff at the theatre set up some barriers in the street in front of the theatre, asked everyone waiting there to get behind the barriers and then she came out and signed everything presented to her and had her photo taken many, many times. Some of the young folk there had flown from the Far East to see her live. Such is the power of James Bond, I guess.  Anyway, I was much taken with her preparedness, willingness even, to do this but I'm afraid that younger performers (and MK is younger than she) lack that kind of attitude about the relationship with their audience.

I don't know whether PCM would be prepared to help. Somehow, I doubt it, but it might work, particularly if there is a special reason behind it. A few years back, I contacted someone's agent with a request for an autograph to mark a special occasion. I explained what the occasion was and the reason why the autograph would mean so much. I was then put in touch with that person's PA, went through the whole thing again and got the autograph I sought.

One problem nowadays is that artists feel that autographing something is just as  likely to be for someone to sell on eBay as for a personal memento.  In other words, someone is asking just to make a profit. These days, autographs are being replaced by "selfies", they say, but maybe that's one of the attractions - a selfie is more likely to appear on Facebook than be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 10:40:22 AM »
I had an autograph in Bridport, so did Knopflerfan on his MK signature tags. We all saw the pictures, so no secrets about that.
His car was standing in front of the venue, so easy to wait there for him.

RAH doesn't work, the other bandmembers sometimes don't use the lower parking but MK does  :'(

In 2010 at the backstage-entrance from HMH Amsterdam it worked out to ask Paul Crockford. Same with 2013 in Oakland. But it's quit rare nowadays  ::)

OfflineElise

• Guitar George
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 11:49:46 AM »
I will try evrything I can possibly think of.. :)
Thanks to all of you.. It feels like coming home, this forum! (I am a new user)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 12:48:01 PM »
Best of luck in your quest for an autograph - I shall never ever forget meeting MK at Bridport in September 2013, having that brief but very sociable chat with him while he signed my three Fender MK Labels and then shaking his hand to which he said to me 'all the best'... great day wasnt it Ingrid!! ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:28:11 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 36 queries.