Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album "ERIC CLAPTON & FRIENDS" on JJ Cale Songs with MK on 2 tracks  (Read 55819 times)

Offlinesingv

• Camerado
  • Down that long highway
Re: New album "ERIC CLAPTON & FRIENDS" on JJ Cale Songs with MK on 2 tracks
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2014, 05:09:48 AM »
I never explored JJ's music (other than Clapton covers) but am now discovering the beauty of the man...sheer genius, but so understated and unassuming. My kinda guy. I now also have an appreciation for John Mayer...always thought he was a pop singer who played for the chikitas, but he seems to have real substance. I guess I will be buying some JJ Cale and John Mayer CDs soon!

As for Mark, our hero...no need to say anything, we all know the special place he holds in our hearts. BUT, I don't understand why he is so uncomfortable speaking off the cuff?!?!?! Look at Clapton...so comfy, and then look at Marko...struggling for words. At least we know he's real. I'd probably be the same way!
Spirits call from way beyond
Lord I may not disobey...

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2015, 12:45:57 AM »
Clapton is white mans blues. White man made the blues by enslaving black men. Clapton racist i think

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »
Clapton is white mans blues. White man made the blues by enslaving black men. Clapton racist i think

Hardships in life do not discriminate. Black, white yellow or red. Everybody can have a hard life, due to other people's greed or racist attitude. And the stereotypes we have about slavery and racism, although still valid in smaller numbers in the human kind, have been replaced with other forms of slavery and racism that are much worse because they hurt as well, but are harder to tell and fight against. Your three sentences building of thoughts is a house of cards.
Read Clapton's autobiography, to see his shattered world. Born in a post war UK, his mother leaving him to his grandparents to raise him, to avoid the stigma of being "illegitimate" and yet not succeeding. Losing a child later in life. Whatever success he may be having, is experienced through these filters. And he always looked back at the blues, apart from his deep appreciation for the music and the musicians because he could relate with their hardships.   

Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »
And he is still striving to play the guitar just like MK!!! ;)
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2015, 07:40:24 PM »
I don't like it when morons talk nonsense, but wtf are you saying about Clapton being racist. Seriously mate think before you type.

LoveExpresso

« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2015, 09:34:08 PM »
 :thumbsup

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2015, 08:12:53 AM »
I don't like it when morons talk nonsense, but wtf are you saying about Clapton being racist. Seriously mate think before you type.

Odd comment indeed - Come on think before commenting like that on here....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2015, 06:11:11 PM »

Have a look at Clapton racist tirade on Youtube     And no more of the moron talk "mate", read and listen to the facts. There is no need to be so rude and abusive. An apology would be nice.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2015, 06:42:47 PM »
Clapton had been playing with black musicians like Nathan East, Greg Phillinganes, Steve Ferrone etc etc for years so for me, Clapton is no racist at all.

When he drunk and consume drugs he was out of his mind most of the time so I give that speech zero value.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »
Clapton had been playing with black musicians like Nathan East, Greg Phillinganes, Steve Ferrone etc etc for years so for me, Clapton is no racist at all.

When he drunk and consume drugs he was out of his mind most of the time so I give that speech zero value.

Ok then so why has he never apologised for his behaviour and admitted he was wrong and high on drugs?

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2015, 06:52:16 PM »
Did you read his autobiography?

He had apologised by his drunk era every chance he had, and he still does. At those times he had admitted to behave like a moroon most of the time, and having played not only with that musicians but also with people like Robert Cray (they cowrote a song...) and many other black blues musicians.

I have no doubts.

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2015, 06:52:51 PM »

Ok then so why has he never apologised for his behaviour and admitted he was wrong and high on drugs?

They say that the things you spurt out when you're drunk are the things that are on your mind and are your true feelings.  The things you keep bottled up when you're sober!

I agree to this! Hes probably voting UKIP too haha.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2015, 06:54:59 PM »

They say that the things you spurt out when you're drunk are the things that are on your mind and are your true feelings.  The things you keep bottled up when you're sober!

There are plenty of white musicians to play with, look MK, he never had a black musician playing with him, so, if Clapton was a racist, why playing with so many black musicians in his band? Nonsense.

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2015, 07:04:31 PM »

There are plenty of white musicians to play with, look MK, he never had a black musician playing with him, so, if Clapton was a racist, why playing with so many black musicians in his band? Nonsense.

Ok Clapton is not a racist then, it just so happens that he refers to black people as .  "i used to be into dope but now i'm into racism".....nothing wrong here
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:30:36 AM by dustyvalentino »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2015, 07:13:59 PM »
Whatever  :smack

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 38 queries.