Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Nice words from David Knopfler about brother MK  (Read 16386 times)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
Re: Nice words from David Knopfler about brother MK
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 02:52:30 AM »
Me--I take the words as face value.  They are admiring positive words; they make me feel good about both brothers.    As hophead, jabaent, and others say, we don't know them personally.    I don't want to dig into any psychological interpretations of DK's words--except that they seem to be loving thoughts toward a brother.   Good for DK for saying them publicly!
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

foma

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 11:50:39 PM »
A question about Dire Straits: in Italy John Illsley, Phil Palmer and others have created a tribute band "Dire Straits Legends" to celebrate your music. What do you think of this kind of project?

DK: It's been a great privilege for me to be able to make a living, following my heart and making my art, without having to do the "nostalgia" circuits to pay the bills. I was once offered £100,000 to do a pseudo, Dire Straits material, concert in Moscow and I turned it down. Maybe the smarter thing would have been to have just done it and figured that £100k less expenses would be an easier way to fund my next record, than the hassle of crowd-sourcing. I keep an open mind about these things but to date the perfect offer and opportunity hasn't presented itself. The best version of Dire Straits would be, I would imagine, the original line up, and my understanding is that my brother has to date shown no desire to reform the original line up and it's hard to see, other than making his fans happy, what he'd get out of it apart from a huge pay cheque which he probably has no need of.

Via: https://www.facebook.com/DKnopfler1/posts/1017460408281402

My comment: David, you rule!

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 08:31:32 AM »
Really not surprised by these words from DK because no matter what went on between them back then, MK remains his big brother and he respects him as a very talented Musician!! Remember they grew up together even if they are differents as most of brothers and sisters...
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 10:21:27 AM »
David consistently hold out a public handshake of friendship. I wonder if Mark ever gets to know this?
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »
I hope that you won`t throw me out of this forum  ;D but... :think...can it be, that M still is an alpha male , maybe a little selfish and his brother is right when he is talking about M in a not so nice way? No question, M is a great musician and songwriter, but we don`t know him personally. Maybe he isn`t so friendly as we all think? It is just a thought that came into my mind  while reading the comments :-\

I agree with you as I don't know MK as well but we can only imagine that he is not a bad human being from what he's writing in his songs!!! Then if DK is saying something like that in an interview recently, then we can also imagine that one day in the future they can speak to eachother in private like 2 brothers!! And I really wish that they'll do that!! We Fans may never will have the chance to read this somewhere in the Media!! In my opinion too much was said on the Net and in the Press, and this made things worse between them!! :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 10:21:41 PM »
Professional musician are hired to play music and make a living of. Not every musician has ability in writing song or composing musician but everybody need to eat.

That said DK point of view is undestandable.

And John Illsley explained himself about his reason in participating to a few DSL gigs.

The fact that MK never played again with John excepted for a 4 shows run and John's wedding celebration is still a mystery to me. There was enough charities occasions over the years to give it a go. But Mark is Mark...
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 11:08:42 AM »
why did john ant to participate? not read that anywhere.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »
where I can read this Dave's words?
Thanks
bye

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »

And John Illsley explained himself about his reason in participating to a few DSL gigs.

I'd love to read your source ....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 08:41:28 PM »

I'd love to read your source ....

If you would ask I would answer that I read it on this forum.

So  where I read that :think

What I remember is that John told that he was promoting his latest cd and did accept these few gig in a DS tribute for that.

That's not old
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 38 queries.