Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 595740 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1350 on: October 02, 2015, 11:35:32 AM »
That person has no credit.

Professional musicians that worked with MK and that added material here and there and probably wrote keyboards, sax, guitar etc parts to add some extra to MK lyrics does have credit.

I'm sure that, for example, in Last exit to Brooklynn there is a lot of stuff coming from Guy directly, ok, following MK ideas or guidelines, but coming from Guy's creative effort.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinemjello

• Guitar George
« Reply #1351 on: October 02, 2015, 12:49:40 PM »
Ok...I got'cha.  After dealing with Robert Marshal, I guess I am just a little sensitive when it comes to questioning Mark's creativity.  Of course, I know he is surrounded by extremely gifted and talented musicians and, of course, I am aware of their contributions, especially during Mark's painful recovery, but he is close to par again with his pre-injury guitar playing and it is my opinion that his songwriting now closely parallels that of Bob Dylan (actually, I prefer Mark's new lyrics over Bob's new lyrics...sorry, Bob. I love them both)!  Thanks though, for assisting me in clarifying my thoughts and comments!
M.j.e.
🌹maayali

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1352 on: October 02, 2015, 06:37:49 PM »
I hope we are not back to accusing MK of not writing and performing the songs he claims as his own. I have been in my own personal battle with  Robert Marshal who deleted all my thoughts and comments that I made yesterday on his blog 'Dire Straits Story' as he posted in his chapter about "Robert Marshal meets Mark Knopfler". My latest comment:

Posted by  J Elliott on October 2, 2015 at 8:19 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation. (This is Robert marshal's response to the comment I posted)...
My response:
I did enter my comment yesterday, October 1st and it has already been removed…why do you think that happened? I imagine because my comments probably questioned and discredited your allegations…please respond to my first comment Mr. Marshal.

From what I have experienced with Robert Marshal, he is an imposter. The reason thee are no comments that discredit him or challenge him on his blog is because he "moderates" all comments and deletes those that question his honesty or integrity in any way.  Mr. Marshal, you mentioned AMIT in your blog, so I hope you are reading my comments here. Please reprint my comments to you on the chapter "Robert Marshal meets Mark Knopfler" and respond to it. At least this might help your credibility (though i doubt it after what I have already experienced after trying to communicate with you...no wonder John & Mark avoid you).  Prove me wrong...answer me. You have my email address. M. Jo Elliott

What I really don't understand is why MK tolerates that this Man still keeps on his site that he co wrote SOS, BIA and MFN etc??? I believe that this person is a fool and a megaloman but this Blog he keeps is an insult to MK and his work!!! But I guess this subject has been discussed before and the matter is closed for discussion!! :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1353 on: October 02, 2015, 08:03:56 PM »
I hope we are not back to accusing MK of not writing and performing the songs he claims as his own. I have been in my own personal battle with  Robert Marshal who deleted all my thoughts and comments that I made yesterday on his blog 'Dire Straits Story' as he posted in his chapter about "Robert Marshal meets Mark Knopfler". My latest comment:

Posted by  J Elliott on October 2, 2015 at 8:19 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation. (This is Robert marshal's response to the comment I posted)...
My response:
I did enter my comment yesterday, October 1st and it has already been removed…why do you think that happened? I imagine because my comments probably questioned and discredited your allegations…please respond to my first comment Mr. Marshal.

From what I have experienced with Robert Marshal, he is an imposter. The reason thee are no comments that discredit him or challenge him on his blog is because he "moderates" all comments and deletes those that question his honesty or integrity in any way.  Mr. Marshal, you mentioned AMIT in your blog, so I hope you are reading my comments here. Please reprint my comments to you on the chapter "Robert Marshal meets Mark Knopfler" and respond to it. At least this might help your credibility (though i doubt it after what I have already experienced after trying to communicate with you...no wonder John & Mark avoid you).  Prove me wrong...answer me. You have my email address. M. Jo Elliott

What I really don't understand is why MK tolerates that this Man still keeps on his site that he co wrote SOS, BIA and MFN etc??? I believe that this person is a fool and a megaloman but this Blog he keeps is an insult to MK and his work!!! But I guess this subject has been discussed before and the matter is closed for discussion!! :wave

Because it would give Mr Marshal what he's looking for.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1354 on: October 02, 2015, 09:52:06 PM »
Yes ds1984 you are certainly right for the songs he's claiming to be the real author but if I were MK and JI I would definately put him on trial for the personal things he's writing about and specially on what he wrote about JI being the real Boss and being responsable for DK and Pick Withers leaving the Band!! I think  this is outrageous!!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:39:15 PM by Marijo58 »
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1355 on: October 03, 2015, 06:41:50 AM »
The guy is an idiot and a fantasist.  Don't bother arguing with him or even acknowledge him, life is too short.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #1356 on: October 03, 2015, 08:37:44 AM »
Quite right.
One of the fundamental postulates of psychiatry says that delusional ideas are not subject to dissuasion.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1357 on: October 03, 2015, 09:42:39 AM »
Quite right.
One of the fundamental postulates of psychiatry says that delusional ideas are not subject to dissuasion.

That is correct Throttle!! This man is a lunatic but I only hope he's not dangerous!!! That is why I believe it's better never leave any comment on his site!!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1358 on: November 27, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »
So much silence in the forum this days. I wonder if it is because nobody is sending questions or because Guy has no time to answer...

He said that he's back from holydays, and also that apparently there are non plans related to work with MK at least right now. I think that after other tours Guy already told us what's coming in the future or at least clues that something was coming...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1359 on: November 27, 2015, 07:30:59 PM »
Maybe has he finally learnt that better was to say nothing?
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1360 on: November 27, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »
I think it's because it's Christmas time maybe!! They are starting very early to prepare it like in Sweden and Finland. He will propably give us some news in January!

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1361 on: December 19, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »
So much silence in the forum this days. I wonder if it is because nobody is sending questions or because Guy has no time to answer...

He said that he's back from holydays, and also that apparently there are non plans related to work with MK at least right now. I think that after other tours Guy already told us what's coming in the future or at least clues that something was coming...

The sound of silence is still going strong! After more than 4 weeks no update in Guy's forum  :think :think :think

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1362 on: December 19, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
Strange indeed !!

Envoyé de mon Ultym 5.2 en utilisant Tapatalk

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1363 on: December 20, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »
He is back!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1364 on: December 20, 2015, 05:47:15 PM »
Ok thanks Dutchessy!!

Envoyé de mon Ultym 5.2 en utilisant Tapatalk

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 36 queries.